EVGA and EKWB are going at it! Hydro Copper to use unknown block manufacturer

Well guys/gals,

It looks like EVGA and EKWB won't be playing nice this time around for the 10 series cards.  Apparently EVGA opted to go with a different manufacturer for the 1080 Hydro Copper water blocks.  I'm not sure if that only is what's caused the issue, but EVGA stated there are no plans to make water blocks for any of EVGA's custom cards.  The EVGA Founders Edition will be the only variant that EKWB blocks work with and that's only because it's a reference PCB.

This sucks for everyone.  

Links to EVGA Forums where EKWB seems to be activity posting remarks about this issue:

http://forums.evga.com/Waterblock-for-1080-Classified-m2485335.aspx

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2486027

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2485798

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Fucking EVGA, why not.

Yeah, this is not the greatest of news for the GPU water cooling community.  A lot of us prefer EVGA and EKWB.  EVGA has a very relaxed warranty policy, which curtails to those of us who use aftermarket water blocks from companies like EKWB.

I hope EVGA doesn't start making their warranty policy a little stricter as a result of this falling out. 

IIRC the Bitspower blocks aren't single slot in height. Something that makes the EKWB a lot more desirable especially with the case of my 980 KPE. Single slot 980...mmmmm

They'll probably use Swiftech for the Hydro Copper blocks.

Not sure what they'll do for the Classy or KPEs now...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

IIRC the Bitspower blocks aren't single slot in height. Something that makes the EKWB a lot more desirable especially with the case of my 980 KPE. Single slot 980...mmmmm

They'll probably use Swiftech for the Hydro Copper blocks.

Not sure what they'll do for the Classy or KPEs now...

The only cards being watercooled through EVGA will be the Hydro Copper and the Hybrid.  That doesn't mean that companies like Swiftech and Bitspower won't do something aftermarket, but EKWB won't.

EK CPU blocks and Monoblocks consistently return lower temps.  That's why I prefer their waterblocks as well.

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The only cards being watercooled through EVGA will be the Hydro Copper and the Hybrid.  That doesn't mean that companies like Swiftech and Bitspower won't do something aftermarket, but EKWB won't.

EK CPU blocks and Monoblocks consistently return lower temps.  That's why I prefer their waterblocks as well.

I prefer the full covers since they look pretty and being true to the single slot form factor. 

Maybe EVGA will have a crack at milling their own block for the Hydro Copper. Would be interesting to see how they make them. 

Isn't the Hybrid just a more elegant way to slap an AIO on a GPU though?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I prefer the full covers since they look pretty and being true to the single slot form factor. 

Maybe EVGA will have a crack at milling their own block for the Hydro Copper. Would be interesting to see how they make them. 

Isn't the Hybrid just a more elegant way to slap an AIO on a GPU though?

Yes, Hybrid is just an AIO. 

EKWB stated in the links I provided that they have no intentions at this time of making any blocks for EVGA custom PCBs. This would include the Hydro Copper.

g1389120275595702475.jpg

It's just a shame :(

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB