Getting Bad Performance In Games When I Shouldn't?

1 minute ago, Alpha741 said:

no no, the drop in fps was random, no reason, wasnt even and intense firefight or anything stressfull, just walking to objecective

Oh, ok.  but...

Just now, Alpha741 said:

i upped my graphics to like max graphics and i only lost 2 fps, like my games run amazing, its just for short seconds it takes a shit

That's strong evidence for a CPU bottleneck.  It could explain the frame dips you're experiencing since CPU bottleneck is often associated with stutter.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i have aida64 installed, what benchamark should I do?

see I don't believe its that because about a month ago this never happened and at that time I only had a 6350, then with the 6350 still this is happening, then i upgrade cpu, still happening. is it possible I need to update my bios or windows or smth? btw i just installed the latest nvidia drivers last night. 

i have aida64 installed, what benchamark should I do?

I don't think we need any benchmarks at this point... We just need to confirm if it's a CPU power issue or if there is something else going on.  I'm trying to think of what we could try next...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

see I don't believe its that because about a month ago this never happened and at that time I only had a 6350, then with the 6350 still this is happening, then i upgrade cpu, still happening. is it possible I need to update my bios or windows or smth? btw i just installed the latest nvidia drivers last night. 

That is interesting... as long as something didn't change without you knowing, a sudden drop in performance seems to rule out a hardware insufficiency ...

i did remove my second gpu, a gtx 650 but all it was doing was running a second monitor and i removed cause it was blocking my fans from having good airflow and I was getting like 70 degrees sometimes so i took it out thinking it was causing the issue

Oh, here's an idea: what is your GPU temperature while playing?  It might be thermal throttling - that would explain intermittent framerate drops, and would be consistent with the issue just showing up one day (dust build-up)

2 minutes ago, Alpha741 said:

i did remove my second gpu, a gtx 650 but all it was doing was running a second monitor and i removed cause it was blocking my fans from having good airflow and I was getting like 70 degrees sometimes so i took it out thinking it was causing the issue

Did you change modes in the game at all? Like fullscreen vs borderless windowed?

It wasn't acting as a PhysX card or anything?

Just now, Alpha741 said:

but then i put it back on my cpu

well what if you put everything back the way it was before you were having these framedrops?

also i know it isnt thermal throttling, that was my orignal idea because of the second gpu, so i creating a fan graph too and now i never go aboive 65

i was getting the frame drops before i removed it. 

and i used to run my games fine before i put it in

and i used to run my games fine before i put it in

did the problems start right when you added it or was it a bit later?

also i dont have the 650 or the 6350 anymore

4 minutes ago, Alpha741 said:

like at least 6 months later

It has to be some software thing... and you said this has been happening for about a month?  have you tried the very latest drivers?  If that doesn't help, could you try rolling back to something before 364, like 361 or something in that range?

should i try updating my windows, and is it possible my gpu is dying

my windows is up to date. should i update my bios

should i try updating my windows, and is it possible my gpu is dying

Yes, apply all windows updates, BIOS, and anything else if you haven't, and update your drivers to the latest version.

See if that works.

If not, try installing a much older driver like 361 since people have been having trouble with maxwell since 364

It might be dying but I don't have enough evidence for that yet.

my windows is up to date. should i update my bios

try rolling back to the older nvidia drivers that you didn't have issues with. Also is your 8370 stock or overclocked, anything like that?

im doing a virus scan right now, i deleted some undetectable files as well, just to make sure no malware or anythign is slowing down my pc

1 hour ago, Alpha741 said:

which benchmark on aida64

I said the stress test / system stability test

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy