GPU output breaking constantly during rust

Col.Mustang

Every once in a while, but often enough, my screen will randomly tear and look like this http://imgur.com/mnGTPE0 . It will persist even through alt+tab'ing and after closing the game. I did windows+p and moved everything to my second monitor, still broken. I duplicated, both broken. I extended and the main monitor was broken and the other was fine. switched ports on the gpu and even displayport cables and it still happens. not sure what to do. GPU temps are in the low 60's and ram usage is 2GB below max. Currently using the GALAX Hall of Fame 980 and a 750 watt power supply. no problems with either of them, theyre brand new. I'll give any additional information if it helps troubleshooting just let me know. thank you for your time.

31 minutes ago, Col.Mustang said:

Every once in a while, but often enough, my screen will randomly tear and look like this http://imgur.com/mnGTPE0 . It will persist even through alt+tab'ing and after closing the game. I did windows+p and moved everything to my second monitor, still broken. I duplicated, both broken. I extended and the main monitor was broken and the other was fine. switched ports on the gpu and even displayport cables and it still happens. not sure what to do. GPU temps are in the low 60's and ram usage is 2GB below max. Currently using the GALAX Hall of Fame 980 and a 750 watt power supply. no problems with either of them, theyre brand new. I'll give any additional information if it helps troubleshooting just let me know. thank you for your time.

Did you solve your issue? And do you apply an overclock?  Try doing a clean install of your Nvidia drivers this usually fixes artefact issues... 

And I would recommend as always doing it with the following program. If you do the process in safe mode you will yield the most benefit from this operation...

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Peace! :D

35 minutes ago, dany_J92 said:

Did you solve your issue? And do you apply an overclock?  Try doing a clean install of your Nvidia drivers this usually fixes artefact issues... 

And I would recommend as always doing it with the following program. If you do the process in safe mode you will yield the most benefit from this operation...

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Peace! :D

I did exactly what it suggested with reinstalling my drivers through DDU and it's still happening. All i do is have the power limit higher. no overclock, other than by the card by default. Unfortunately it's still happening. no difference. seems to only happen in Rust but can't be for sure. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried disconnecting the other screen and just trying it out on a single screen? And changing it to single screen performance in Nvidia control panel?

Kind of looks like a screen scaling issue somehow but I'm really not sure.

My other suggestion would be to remove Rust and reinstall it...

Kind of crappy suggestions I know but if DDU didn't fix that then it must be something to do with the game and not so much the GPU side of things, especially if other games run without issue AND you haven't got an overclock...

4 minutes ago, dany_J92 said:

Have you tried disconnecting the other screen and just trying it out on a single screen? And changing it to single screen performance in Nvidia control panel?

Kind of looks like a screen scaling issue somehow but I'm really not sure.

My other suggestion would be to remove Rust and reinstall it...

Kind of crappy suggestions I know but if DDU didn't fix that then it must be something to do with the game and not so much the GPU side of things, especially if other games run without issue AND you haven't got an overclock...

It just happened again and i decided to fool around with some settings to see if anything worked. i went to the nvidea control panel and clicked through everything. when i clicked on "adjust desktop size and position. it brought up the overlay and showed two screens, split down the middle of my monitor. it was adjusting them both at the same time. Now im thinking it could be beacuse of dynamic super resolution rendering starting to render the images at 4k and then mistaking my screen for being one of the 4k panels that has two screens inside. just a theory but we'll see where that takes me. And now that you mention the single screen performance settings it seems pretty consistent. I'll keep trying stuff

1 minute ago, Col.Mustang said:

It just happened again and i decided to fool around with some settings to see if anything worked. i went to the nvidea control panel and clicked through everything. when i clicked on "adjust desktop size and position. it brought up the overlay and showed two screens, split down the middle of my monitor. it was adjusting them both at the same time. Now im thinking it could be beacuse of dynamic super resolution rendering starting to render the images at 4k and then mistaking my screen for being one of the 4k panels that has two screens inside. just a theory but we'll see where that takes me. And now that you mention the single screen performance settings it seems pretty consistent. I'll keep trying stuff

I hope you can solve it! Good luck :)