Help! unknown issue!

IndianGangsta

I have this issue where the computer doesn't shutdown properly. It begins to power down, stops outputting video however the fans keep running and the graphic card and motherboard lights still stay on then the only to turn it off is to hold down the power button till it cuts out!

When i first built the comp it was all okay until a couple weeks after where the shutting down issue started happening and ultimately led to the computer refusing to output video entirely when powered on. ( I fixed the output  issue by re-installing the ram and clearing cmos) however once again the shutting down issue has once again emerged..... i've had other issues such as USB ports not working as well so i thought it may be faulty motherboard?

Any ideas anyone!?? help please!

---------------------

running:

windows 10

asus z170-ar motherboard

gtx970

intel i5-6600k

hyper x ddr4 8gb of ram

--------------------

have you tried clean installing windows?

im pretty sure that would fix all your problems

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 5/25/2016 at 2:54 PM, Enderman said:

have you tried clean installing windows?

im pretty sure that would fix all your problems

Yer! didn't work :(

7 hours ago, IndianGangsta said:

Yer! didn't work :(

are all your GPU and motherboard drivers installed?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020