AMD Items On Intel PC

Go to solution Solved by xBlizzDevious,

Little extra note: AMD created the 64 bit architecture so you'll likely see "AMD64" folders in and around the operating system and drivers - even though you run an Intel CPU.

I was going through my files on my PC and I found many AMD labeled folders. In fact I did a quick search on my computer and found 40,000 items labeled AMD. I have a PRE-BUILT PC with an Intel core i3 3220 and no graphics card and nothing AMD in my system. So I am wondering why I have AMD Folders and files on my Intel PC. One file in particular is AMD Dual Core Optimizer, I do have a Dual Core CPU but it is Intel. My PC model is the Dell Inspiron 660s. Does anyone know why or how they could have gotten on my PC. I find it hard to believe that Dell would "accidentally" put AMD drivers and files on and Intel PC and then leave them on there once they realized. I am planning on wiping my hard drive and getting rid of all the bloatware that came with the pc and hopefully these files will go with them, but I am still curious why all these file are on here.

it's from games n shit. at least the dual core optimizer thing.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Might just be lazy Dell that only have 1 install disk filled with software they use for all of their different models and configs.

Little extra note: AMD created the 64 bit architecture so you'll likely see "AMD64" folders in and around the operating system and drivers - even though you run an Intel CPU.

1 hour ago, DualZone said:

snip

The post above nailed it. AMD64 is the 64-bit architecture used today by Intel in all of their 64-bit processors, dating back at least to the Core 2's. My understanding is that Intel and AMD have an agreement where AMD shares AMD64 with Intel, and Intel shares x86 with AMD.

All is as it should be. If you reinstall a 64-bit version of Windows, you will still find AMD folders and files around.