What OS is this?

kuddlesworth9419

I saw this on some website about a week ago and saw these images but didn't know what OS this guy/gal was using. I would love to know which Linux Distro it is (if it's Linux at all).

post-15026-0-00321300-1380216301_thumb.p

post-15026-0-07338500-1380216314_thumb.p

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Guessing here, but either a flavor of ubuntu or some weird theme for Windows...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ubuntu?

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

Looks like a nice clean skin of Ubuntu I would agree. 

I can't want for SteamOS to come out so that devs will start making more games for Linux. I am tired of Windows. 

holy crap that looks awsome 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Looks like a nice clean skin of Ubuntu I would agree. 

I can't want for SteamOS to come out so that devs will start making more games for Linux. I am tired of Windows. 

Who isn't tired of Windows 7. I'm not gonna go to Windows 8 so I stuck with W7 but I am still very tired looking at pretty much the same tired old layout for too long. I am gonna put SteamOS on my desktop and just customize it to a more desktop type of OS.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Who isn't tired of Windows 7. I'm not gonna go to Windows 8 so I stuck with W7 but I am still very tired looking at pretty much the same tired old layout for too long. I am gonna put SteamOS on my desktop and just customize it to a more desktop type of OS.

Im running Windows 8 because my PC idles more while using it. 

it looks like windows 7 with a skin

1. the file structure is styled like windows

C:\users\hora-hora\documents

2. the wireless, sound and battery icons are also styled like the default windows icons

as for the skin, I have no idea.

try searching around on deviantart

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Amazingly I found it. It's for Windows 7.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Deshou-VS-394841179

I'm gonna try it out I think.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I downlaoded it but it's very different to any other custom theme I have seen before. can anyone help me. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Windows 7 with custom theme

Still "Hora-Hora" as nick - FTW :P

Amazingly I found it. It's for Windows 7.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Deshou-VS-394841179

I'm gonna try it out I think.

Taskbar looks smaller than your found theme. Also there is different start button also. Unless he modified it - they arent the same.

This is that theme he/she is using - http://dwx50.deviantart.com/art/S-uite-307132124

Some Litestep program required.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Taskbar looks smaller than your found theme. Also there is different start button also. Unless he modified it - they arent the same.

This is that theme he/she is using - http://dwx50.deviantart.com/art/S-uite-307132124

Thanks. They look very similar. There are some other files and options that came with the other one. With the other options I guess they are the same.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Do you have any idea how to install all the files.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Do you have any idea how to install all the files.

There should be some guide how to use it. I had enough of 3rd party programs to mess with Windows shell. You can have similiar look with few clicks of mouse after some browsing of DeviantArt...

Download http://www.deviantart.com/art/Maverick-for-Win7-194347855 change the start button to transparent and you have same look.

This is my desktop ATM

dEysXlh.jpg

Ministry of StopIt!

There should be some guide how to use it. I had enough of 3rd party programs to mess with Windows shell. You can have similiar look with few clicks of mouse after some browsing of DeviantArt...

Download http://www.deviantart.com/art/Maverick-for-Win7-194347855 change the start button to transparent and you have same look.

This is my desktop ATM

dEysXlh.jpg

Thanks. I also am getting fed up with 3rd party programs to do this type of thing as they barely work. It would have been really nice if Microsoft had made Windows 7 easier to install themes. They should have put a proper program to do it on where creators would need to create compress their theme files down and then the hypothetical Windows 7 theme program would unpack the file and place all the files where they needed to go. I am pretty good when manually installing programs but installing a theme is hard even for the seasoned Windows users especially when every theme you come across has another way of doing things.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Thanks. I also am getting fed up with 3rd party programs to do this type of thing as they barely work. It would have been really nice if Microsoft had made Windows 7 easier to install themes. They should have put a proper program to do it on where creators would need to create compress their theme files down and then the hypothetical Windows 7 theme program would unpack the file and place all the files where they needed to go. I am pretty good when manually installing programs but installing a theme is hard even for the seasoned Windows users especially when every theme you come across has another way of doing things.

Most themes now are more build up than normal .msstyle. In most cases youll have to change the explorer.exe, explorerframe.dll and sometimes shell.dll also. In some cases lack of knowledge on those file may end up reinstalling Windows as they are key features of it. My theme is based on modified files i said above apart from shell.dll, but also including few .bmp files, imageres.dll, basebrd.dll and spwizimg.dll.

Ministry of StopIt!

I actually found the theme he was using. He customized the theme with some custom toolbars that he is using but the basis of the visual style is this. He has a website so thats how I knew.

http://twnsnd.deviantart.com/art/pix-visual-style-387473819

I would love to have this theme but it's a pain in the asto install it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I would love to have this theme but it's a pain in the asto install it.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-replace-explorer-exe-oobefldr-dll-explorerframe-dll-shell32-dll-files-in-windows-7/

Just remember to manually install the fonts...

Ministry of StopIt!

Ubuntu with a skin?

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Ubuntu with a skin?

We already solved it - it was custom theme with a 3rd party program called LiteStep.

Ministry of StopIt!

We already solved it - it was custom theme with a 3rd party program called LiteStep

ok thanks

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

It's most Likely Arch Linux with AwesomeWM installed.

People shouting Ubuntu really needs to understand that Ubuntu != Linux and you can't simply "install a theme" to make it work.

Edit: now that I'm looking slightly closer, I think the second screen shot is windows with a Linux shell installed on top of it running Awesome.