Any good HTML5 tutorials out there?

I was looking for a bit but didn't find anything too special. So I was wondering if you guys got a good website or video series to recommend.

I was wanting to get started with coding and heard that it would be best to start with HTML5, since of its ease of use, to get started with coding. If not true with what is ist best to start?

HTML5 is not for programing, it is for web design.

It depends on what you want to do.

HTML5 will make you web pages.

If you dont want to do that, look into Java.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Codeacademy and W3CSchools. Once your done with HTML5 (which shouldn't take long) try javascript (a bit friendly when it comes to variable types) or java also in  Codeacademy.

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

HTML is coding though

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, spwath said:

I do know that it is for websites. But since it easier to learn than Java it would be best to start with it and then move on to Java(so I was told).

And on what to to with HTML5, probably just make myself an own web page for fun :)

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Codeacademy and W3CSchools. Once your done with HTML5 (which shouldn't take long) try javascript (a bit friendly when it comes to variable types) or java also in  Codeacademy.

HTML is coding though

Sure, sure.

Just want to make sure the guy knows what he is doing.

I also wecomend W3Schools, it has helped me a lot in HTM5/css. 

2 minutes ago, nichtJust said:

I do know that it is for websites. But since it easier to learn than Java it would be best to start with it and then move on to Java(so I was told).

And on what to to with HTML5, probably just make myself an own web page for fun :)

I dont know if it is necisarily easier than java, I learned both this year. HTML5 might be easier, but not necicarily.

And you will need to learn CSS as well, if you want to make a remotly good web page.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

And you will need to learn CSS as well, if you want to make a remotly good web page.

Ok thanks good to know and yes I do know what I'm doing (sort of), but thanks for the help I will look into those 2 websites :)

1 minute ago, spwath said:

Sure, sure.

Just want to make sure the guy knows what he is doing.

I also wecomend W3Schools, it has helped me a lot in HTM5/css. 

I dont know if it is necisarily easier than java, I learned both this year. HTML5 might be easier, but not necicarily.

HTML5 and CSS3 are way more straight forward than Java coming from my experience. Java has a load of syntactical extras and you need to get a understanding of object orientation. If I recall the HTML and CSS tutorial would take 11 hours in code academy so it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

25 minutes ago, spwath said:

Omg why java? Python is much simpler to learn and it's more sane. It also has much more useful applications.

24 minutes ago, nichtJust said:

For programming, you need to learn logic. You won't accomplish this with html, since it's just markup and there is no complex logic involved. Also, are you sure it was Java and not JavaScript? The difference is very important. 

20 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

HTML5 and CSS3 are way more straight forward than Java coming from my experience. Java has a load of syntactical extras and you need to get a understanding of object orientation. If I recall the HTML and CSS tutorial would take 11 hours in code academy so it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

Yeah i guess. I learned Java before HTML5/CSS3, so yeah, I dont really know.

Starting with HTML is a good idea to go over into css and javascript. And than tackle more advanced languages like Java, C#. 

For all 3 of these things I would recommend using the Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) it's a great resource!

Python is a good way to start too, for python I would recommend the official documentation

Deleted code is debugged code.

1 hour ago, nichtJust said:

I was looking for a bit but didn't find anything too special. So I was wondering if you guys got a good website or video series to recommend.

I was wanting to get started with coding and heard that it would be best to start with HTML5, since of its ease of use, to get started with coding. If not true with what is ist best to start?

if you want to build web applications. Then html5,css for the main layout and styles. JavaScript and angularJS for making it interactive.

php, mySql for a server side/database. Look into pdo for interacting with a database from php.

python can be used as well.

for desktop apps I would suggest a .net language as well lets fave it windows is everywhere and with microsoft pushing for universal apps it is a nice to learn as (hopefully) developers push for it.

personally I like building web based applications.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´