How do you operate vehicles in Battlefield

threadysparrow

So would you be able to use a joystick for flight and then mouse and keyboard for normal?

It seems that it would be hard to use a mouse and keyboard for flight or tank controls.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I have only 1 arm so I use a joystick for everything..it makes flying choppers and jets pretty easy..:)

Yes, I used to have it like that, but It was very annoying to swtich between the 2 like when I would jump in and out of jets... So I just stick to keyboard and mouse. And I find it better for aiming

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

If you figure it out, please let me know, I've just gotten into the habit of flying my helicopter at things and ejecting

in the game...I hate people like you.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I have only 1 arm so I use a joystick for everything..it makes flying choppers and jets pretty easy.. :)

do you have one of those grippers? I don't know what they are called.

My dad had an above the knee amputation when he was 17 because he was hit by a drunk driver. His insurance paid for (I shit you not) 5 or so legs for him over the course of 40+ years and each one was (I shit you not again) over about $200,000. His current one that he just had to stop wearing because he is getting older has a realistic functioning knee and an ankle that can make the foot bounce a bit. You know like those legs that some amputee runners have that look like the letter L. My dad's leg has one of those. It freaks out little kids all the time. Every little one in our family (4 grandkids, 7 nieces and nephews, 2 great nephews) is so used to his fake leg by now that they just don't even pay attention to it. One time my nephew's little friend came over when he was about 2 and the little boy saw my dad's fake leg and started crying because he was freaked out. His mother was horrified by him crying and she was apologizing to my dad and trying to explain and I told her that I would freak out too. I thought that was the funniest shit I have ever seen and I told my dad to stop scaring the kids.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Im kinda good with most things apart from the little baby heli and the jets. I find it risky to point the nose down, then panic and its downhill from there.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I've gotten fairly good at flying around with mouse and keyboard along with using mouse and keyboard with tanks.

I think @ixi_your_face can verify I'm pretty decent in tanks.

70 Tank hours, 46 Heli hours, 18 Jet hours

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

do you have one of those grippers? I don't know what they are called.

My dad had an above the knee amputation when he was 17 because he was hit by a drunk driver. His insurance paid for (I shit you not) 5 or so legs for him over the course of 40+ years and each one was (I shit you not again) over about $200,000. His current one that he just had to stop wearing because he is getting older has a realistic functioning knee and an ankle that can make the foot bounce a bit. You know like those legs that some amputee runners have that look like the letter L. My dad's leg has one of those. It freaks out little kids all the time. Every little one in our family (4 grandkids, 7 nieces and nephews, 2 great nephews) is so used to his fake leg by now that they just don't even pay attention to it. One time my nephew's little friend came over when he was about 2 and the little boy saw my dad's fake leg and started crying because he was freaked out. His mother was horrified by him crying and she was apologizing to my dad and trying to explain and I told her that I would freak out too. I thought that was the funniest shit I have ever seen and I told my dad to stop scaring the kids.

No my right arm is just dead and small..I will post some pictures up.Was thinking of starting a thread called show off your scars.. :D

I play Warthunder with mouse + Keyboard, but I have to say, having a Joystick for flying is sooooo fun when it works. Though it rarely does. 

I have a steering wheel and pedals for driving, but I have yet to successfully set it up. 

I want one of those Stinky Feet pad things Linus looked at. Like, 2 of them. They look awesome.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hold up your keyboard and pretend it's a steering wheel.

But seriously, I find keyboard + mouse is a decent combo, never really saw the need for joysticks or pedals.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Hold up your keyboard and pretend it's a steering wheel.

But seriously, I find keyboard + mouse is a decent combo, never really saw the need for joysticks or pedals.

The need comes from a need for finer control. 

Keyboard is binary. Either you have the throttle at 100% or 0%. No sensitivity at all. 

Joysticks and pedals have that sensitivity. It is easier to fly/drive because of it. Imagine if you had to drive your vehicle with binary controls. You were either turning left, or not. 100% throttle, or not. It would be incredibly annoying and difficult to figure out, and it would never touch the fine controls we have now with the steering wheel and pedals.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

To OP, yes you can use joystick, gamepad or anyother device. In controls config has preset which you can test on empty server or if you have premium/end game, at air superiority server. I tried to fly with game pad but had trouble to adjust to it. I know many pilots who prefer pad/joystick over mouse+kb combo. In BF2 there was at least one pilot who flew choppers with joystick and pedals. For tanks/apcs I feel that mouse+kb would be better combo since they have moving turret. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv