Removing Forced Extention

Hello there!

So our school decided to get us Chromebooks this year, the Samsung ones (Ya, I know, Chrome OS) and they have 2 forced extensions on our managed accounts. Hapara Interactive and gScholar.

I am not ok with this as imo it is a big invasion of privacy. I used to sign into my home email instead of my school one but they said I'm not allowed to do it anymore and the locked the Chromebooks so we can only login using our school gmail domains.

Is there any way I can disable these forced extentions which allow them to connect to my computer and see my screen without me knowing and tracking my location and history (Even when deleted)

Any help?

- Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Unknown_Gamer said:

SNIP

Its not your property, so no, you should not be tampering with school property

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They gave you a free computer and you're complaining?
Do you have to give them back at the end of the year?
Because I assume you do so it's not technically your property. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

6 minutes ago, Unknown_Gamer said:

Hello there!

So our school decided to get us Chromebooks this year, the Samsung ones (Ya, I know, Chrome OS) and they have 2 forced extensions on our managed accounts. Hapara Interactive and gScholar.

I am not ok with this as imo it is a big invasion of privacy. I used to sign into my home email instead of my school one but they said I'm not allowed to do it anymore and the locked the Chromebooks so we can only login using our school gmail domains.

Is there any way I can disable these forced extentions which allow them to connect to my computer and see my screen without me knowing and tracking my location and history (Even when deleted)

Any help?

- Thanks!

Doing that will probably be against school policy of the technology there. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

I am not sure how much help you are going to get here because it is not your device it is owned by the school and they can make the rules about their devices.  Also I would check your acceptable use policy (what ever it is called at your school) because it lays out all of the guidelines.  Here is part of the one from my old HS

User Accounts: Students may receive individual user accounts for the network.

Electronic Mail (Email): Students are not allowed access to or use of personal electronic mail resources, nor may they set up such email or networking accounts on school computers.

In using school technology, students may not:

• Damage or destroy computers, printers, allied hardware, networks, software, or systems;
  • Download, copy, or save copyrighted materials;
  • Load any software onto school equipment (e.g., games or personal programs);
  • Use the Internet for unauthorized (e.g., gaming, personal web surfing, social networking) or illegal activities (e.g., hacking);
  • Open, copy, or change files, folders, or disks belonging to others;
  •  Create, obtain, display, or print pictures or messages which are offensive, harassing, or illegal;
  •  Purchase or order anything online.

I would not attempt to remove them. My school gave me an iPad and while it functions differently than a chomebook, I would not try to take off the MDM that controls my iPad. Im not sure what security stuff your chromebook has, but mine is set so that if I remove it, it'll alert school staff and I'll get suspended. I would just use it as a school device and only a school device. As soon as I get home, I immediately ditch the iPad for anything else. Just use it for school uses only so that you don't have worry about it. Also, my school is small and they don't even keep track of the stuff on our iPad unless we do something blatantly bad. I would just find something like a proxy and use that to do what you need to do while being undetected.

My school had the same exact problem. I don't mind it when I'm on the Chromebook, that's totally understandable, but what really bothers me is when i have to use my school Gmail from home. I have to sign into the school filter, I have Hapara watching me, etc... I don't like it. You also have to install some device admin profile on your phone if you want to check your school email from it, which is a major hell no.

TL;DR, idc if they monitor me on THEIR property, but I fucking hate that they still monitor me on MY OWN property.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01