How to improve wireless speeds?

Ludox

Hi, I have an asus PCE-N15 wireless card in my computer, and right now all I'm getting is around 600KB/s for download speeds. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to improve wireless internet connection. I would go with a wired connection, but both of the ethernet ports in my house are taken up (I am getting a powerline in the next month, though).

Have you thought about getting a cheap little 5 or 8 port switch? Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122128

You just plug one port up to the router and then plug everything else into the switch.

Beyond that and focused on wireless speed it sounds like you're probably pretty far from the router or running on a very low band which can only be solved by moving closer.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Ludox said:

Hi, I have an asus PCE-N15 wireless card in my computer, and right now all I'm getting is around 600KB/s for download speeds. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to improve wireless internet connection. I would go with a wired connection, but both of the ethernet ports in my house are taken up (I am getting a powerline in the next month, though).

Try moving closer to the router. Use AC.