Long time to post and very slow bios

Hey everyone! 

I am having a problem on my computer... I have a i7 6700K with 16gb of ram and a MSI motherboard Z170A M7. 

My computer worked great but now it take a very long time to post and when I am in the bios setting it is very slow and laggy... 

It take way over 1min for the computer to turn on and one it is on Windows it works just fine... 

I have updated the bios, replace the cmos battery but still have the problem... 

Please help me!

1 minute ago, jetstarkiller said:

My computer worked great but now it take a very long time to post and when I am in the bios setting it is very slow and laggy... 

what happened in between it "working great" and "slow and laggy"

did you update something?

change any hardware?

was this a sudden change?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

Hey everyone! 

I am having a problem on my computer... I have a i7 6700K with 16gb of ram and a MSI motherboard Z170A M7. 

It take way over 1min for the computer to turn on and one it is on Windows it works just fine... 

I have updated the bios, replace the cmos battery but still have the problem... 

Please help me!

Which part of turning on takes longer, like does the bios screen show for longer, does the windows logo take much longer to go away or is the entire process taking equally as long?

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

what happened in between it "working great" and "slow and laggy"

did you update something?

change any hardware?

was this a sudden change?

My sound on YouTube was messed up so I restarted my computer and it is slow since... nothing else

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

Which part of turning on takes longer, like does the bios screen show for longer, does the windows logo take much longer to go away or is the entire process taking equally as long?

It takes a very long time for the msi post to show. Once the windows screen is on it works like a dream. 

If I go into the bios everything is VERY slow as well 

I just counted. it took me 30 second to post the msi first picture and 55 second to go from the the post to the bios... 

If you unplug all your sata devices (from the motherboard!) will it post faster?

8 hours ago, Naeaes said:

If you unplug all your sata devices (from the motherboard!) will it post faster?

8 hours ago, KSores said:

and unplug all usb stix

i unplugged my usb stick and it went way faster

OMG it worked! Thank you so very much! 

What cause that kind of stuff? 

1 hour ago, KSores said:

It tries to boot from the usb stick first

Just set your os drive as 1 in boot order

ok now new problem... my ssd is recognized but it says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

• 2 years later...

i fixed mine by buying a new SATA cable

thank me if this helps you

CY@