How do you guys keep your desktop clean?

Danielh90

I just have all my programs Icon on my desktop and trying to figure out if I should just have a folder called Desktop and have all those icons in that folder. on the desktop so I would just have 1 Folder on the desktop. 

8 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The only things that I will put on my desktop are files/folders that I'm currently working with due to ease of access. Frequently used programs I will keep in my taskbar, this totals to about 9 programs. Other programs that I don't use that often but still occasionally use I just hit the Windows/Super/Meta/Whateveryouwanttocallit key on my keyboard to bring up search and will just type the name. I honestly don't know how people have so many desktop shortcuts, it's probably because I like to use my keyboard more than my mouse for navigation. Kind of a habit from running Ubuntu GNOME on my laptop for a while which is very keyboard oriented.

This guy is the only other guy using the windows key aka windowsDo?

Seriously people you can't move your mouse faster to your icon than I can smash the windows key and type the first few letters of whatever I'm looking for, then hit enter  :P

And there I was thinking of recommending you one of those Dust-off compressed air bottles. Those are good.

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

I have Recycle Bin, Visual Studio, VirtualBox, FL Studio, Sony Vegas, Fraps, Music Editor Free, and Free YouTube Downloader. I keep everything else on either my start menu, or my USB drive.

I never keep anything on my desktop aside a couple folders hidden by Rainmeter skins. I never save anything to the desktop these days aside on my work laptop and even then files only stay there for an hour or two before I sort them into the right folders. I keep everything very well organized within folders and know where all my files are.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Only icon on my desktop is the recycle bin. I have a folder icon on my taskbar. Everything else is associated with my start button.

group the icons and put them in an appropriately named folder? From Windows 7 onwards, i don't think you really need icons, I often just run a search from the start menu

On 5/17/2016 at 5:03 AM, ShadowTechXTS said:

I use rainmeter and rocketdock.Desktop.PNG

How is your windows startup time? I think using those software will make windows startup slow.

57 minutes ago, haripriyaaithal said:

How is your windows startup time? I think using those software will make windows startup slow.

Around 20 seconds (HDD not SSD). They're pretty lightweight programs.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

by just not putting stuff on there and having folder where I put shit in :P 

I have three things on my desktop now, some dank screenshot, some information on a piece of software I use and a little text document I am working on. Once I don't need these anymore, I will move them to another folder on my PC

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/