[Build Log] The Red Idiot

Introducing my new build Log, well pictures of it too!

I call it The Red Idiot, I actually planned to put a video of it but I forgot to record it! :P

Anyway I present to you two versions!

The bad cable management one I did in a hurry and the one I did thoughtfully!

Before.jpg

The After Version!

After.jpg

And my display!

Screen1.jpg

Also I want to mention the Parts I have used,

• ⁠⁠i7 6700k Processor at 4.0Ghz

• GIGABYTE GA-150 BM D3H DDR4 VERSION

• 16GB DDR4 HyperX RAM at 2133MHz

• 2X 256GB SSD Kingston

• 1 TB WD BLUE HDD

• CORSAIR 1000W POWER SUPPLY

• ⁠⁠⁠⁠CORSAIR H80i WATER COOLING KIT

• Zotac Geforce Titan X 12GB GDDR5

• CIRCLE C80 CASE

• ⁠⁠⁠⁠DVD R/W LG

• Sansung UD series 4k 28inch monitor

So do let me know what you guys think about this and what you guys think I can improve besides the bad photography :P ! Also @LinusTech Your comments would be invaluable!

Regards,

Parth

Psst. Specs?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have updated the log, do let me know what you think about!

Interesting choice with the colours.  I guess this is a different way to do RGB :)

I have to ask, why a Titan X?  Especially right now, with the 1080 so close on the horizon?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Interesting choice with the colours.  I guess this is a different way to do RGB :)

I have to ask, why a Titan X?  Especially right now, with the 1080 so close on the horizon?

I had bought these parts a while back in Early January. Just assembled them a few days ago.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Sane said:

I had bought these parts a while back in Early January. Just assembled them a few days ago.

not a really good idea considering if you got a dead part it would be out of the 30 day return policy of most places

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

not a really good idea considering if you got a dead part it would be out of the 30 day return policy of most places

Actually I'm more than happy with it. I don't want to return it!

1 minute ago, Arc_Jester said:

Looks like an eyesore imo but atleast it works for you.

Yea well, If you could give some tips! Its probably an eyesore for many people but its a way to go RGB without those fancy lights. Funny that this was not actually well planned, that why I called it the red idiot!

1 minute ago, Mr.Sane said:

Actually I'm more than happy with it. I don't want to return it!

i said "if you got a dead part"

why would you not want to return a dead part

its dead

you cant build a working PC with a dead part

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

i said "if you got a dead part"

why would you not want to return a dead part

its dead

you cant build a working PC with a dead part

Ohh, Now I get it. I had those parts tested at the computer shop before I got em. I also have a warranty on them. All I have to do is to give it to the guy at the shop and he gives me a new part if the old one has a problem. Very good customer service.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Sane said:

Yea well, If you could give some tips! Its probably an eyesore for many people but its a way to go RGB without those fancy lights. Funny that this was not actually well planned, that why I called it the red idiot!

Well for starters replace the blue LED fan with a red one, replace the sata cables with black ones or even red ones and maybe replace the mobo with on that can actually OC the CPU, preferably and ASUS one with red accents or RGB.

Well for starters replace the blue LED fan with a red one, replace the sata cables with black ones or even red ones and maybe replace the mobo with on that can actually OC the CPU, preferably and ASUS one with red accents or RGB.

Sure will do. Just will have to wait a year or so, so that I can afford stuff like that. I'm an undergrad computer engineering student at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Sane said:

Sure will do. Just will have to wait a year or so, so that I can afford stuff like that. I'm an undergrad computer engineering student at the moment.

Well since you have a Titan X, Skylake i7 and a PSU way overpowered for you build I assumed a replacement mobo, a fan and a few sata cables wasn't going to be a problem but I guess I was wrong.

Well since you have a Titan X, Skylake i7 and a PSU way overpowered for you build I assumed a replacement mobo, a fan and a few sata cables wasn't going to be a problem but I guess I was wrong.

I actually was saving for this build for a long time. I'm building to make my PC future proof for at least a few years!

1 minute ago, Mr.Sane said:

I actually was saving for this build for a long time. I'm building to make my PC future proof for at least a few years!

Ok I see