Sent my MSI 980 GTX TI Golden Edition 6G back.

IcEWoLF

I sent my 980 gtx ti back to newegg for a full refund since it was within the 30 days period.

Now its time to wait for the 1080 GTX :)

I will miss the MSI Frozr system, it was really nice and quiet.

Right now I am running an EVGA 760GTX until the 1080 comes out.

This time around I am going to go with EVGA, their ACX 2.0+ coolers look to be nice and I hear they are even quieter than the MSI fans.

No offence, im glad you got to return it and all, but why did you even buy it knowing that the new cards were coming out really soon. to return it because something better is coming out, in a way is messed up. 

Just my opinion on returns for no reason.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

11 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

No offence, im glad you got to return it and all, but why did you even buy it knowing that the new cards were coming out really soon. to return it because something better is coming out, in a way is messed up. 

Just my opinion on returns for no reason.

There is a 30 day return period, and a month ago nobody really knew what the release date was going to be, and I had to upgrade since my 480gtx pretty much started falling apart.

Its not like the company is going to go broke, its a business, they are not going to throw away the card that I just returned, if anything they will just turn around and either sell as refurbished or just use it to replace a defective unit.

20 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

This time around I am going to go with EVGA, their ACX 2.0+ coolers look to be nice and I hear they are even quieter than the MSI fans.

nahhh the MSI twinfrozr 5 is superior to ACX 2.0...

But the GTX 1080 will likely feature TwinFrozr 6 and ACX 3.0...so who knows what will be better?

Keep in mind though, the first wave of cards will all be the reference cards (founders edition) and those third party cards with custom coolers will come out a couple weeks or maybe even a month later...worth the wait though, nvidia blower cooler is crap.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'd get the EVGA and have the step up program to cover your ass from having the 1080ti launch early to totally screw with AMD. and personally I wouldn't buy anything without a ti at the end of it from Nvidia. But that's just me.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I'd get the EVGA and have the step up program to cover your ass from having the 1080ti launch early to totally screw with AMD. and personally I wouldn't buy anything without a ti at the end of it from Nvidia. But that's just me.

yeah step up program is nice...but it's only for 90 days i think...i highly doubt we see the 1080ti launch only 90days or less after the ACX 1080 is out...that would be insane.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yeah step up program is nice...but it's only for 90 days i think...i highly doubt we see the 1080ti launch only 90days or less after the ACX 1080 is out...that would be insane.

If the leaks I am seeing are accurate, Nvidia's going to want to finish them off before the holidays.

1080 GTX TI will be truly nice, but the price point is definitely going to be higher...they may even push the card cost to $800.

I read a post on either reddit or here that they are working on a new cooling fan system, so it may be implemented with the 1080 GTX, but that may take a while possibly.

And yes, I think the MSI cooling is really nice, their fan design is really nice. Also like the fact anything under 50c the fans doesn't even need to come on.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

If the leaks I am seeing are accurate, Nvidia's going to want to finish them off before the holidays.

It all depends on the ram prices, if they are implementing HBM2 then it might need a delay for the prices to come down. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

they certainly have the chip in hands...it's in the testla P100 already...but i think they will launch it as a ''titan'' model first (1000$+) and THEN they will release the GTX 1080ti...or maybe they will juste release a 999$ GTX 1080ti for the holidays which would be bloody nice :P

1 minute ago, IcEWoLF said:

It all depends on the ram prices, if they are implementing HBM2 then it might need a delay for the prices to come down. 

My money is on the 1080ti having DDR5X, no reason for HBM2. HMB is a failure on the Fury and may end up being what caused AMD to lose. Bet the Titan X replacement has it though, and the 1080ti has some silly capacity of VRAM like 32g.

I would have waited till a bunch of reviews came out for the 1080, because the 980TI is a beast and you may not be getting a huge boost from the 1080.

58 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

There is a 30 day return period, and a month ago nobody really knew what the release date was going to be, and I had to upgrade since my 480gtx pretty much started falling apart.

Its not like the company is going to go broke, its a business, they are not going to throw away the card that I just returned, if anything they will just turn around and either sell as refurbished or just use it to replace a defective unit.

Nah you fucked newegg over. They're going to have to sell that 980 Ti open box at a time when the card is going to have to go on fire sale. I can't believe they're not charging you a restocking fee, unless you lied and told them it was defective.

50 minutes ago, MastuhWaffles said:

I would have waited till a bunch of reviews came out for the 1080, because the 980TI is a beast and you may not be getting a huge boost from the 1080.

30 days mark would have been Wednesday. Not much time. Also didn't want to be late.

11 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nah you fucked newegg over. They're going to have to sell that 980 Ti open box at a time when the card is going to have to go on fire sale. I can't believe they're not charging you a restocking fee, unless you lied and told them it was defective.

Sounds like you never returned a product, stop being salty. Your avatar defines the type of person you are.

1 minute ago, IcEWoLF said:

Sounds like you never returned a product, stop being salty. Your avatar defines the type of person you are.

Say's the person advertising with theirs.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Say's the person advertising with theirs.

That comment made no sense at all.

27 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

So you got a 980 Ti free for a month. Nice scam.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

So you got a 980 Ti free for a month. Nice scam.

There is a return policy, and I used it, upset? Tell newegg to remove the return policy then.

You are upset for me upgrading to a better card because I was within my return policy? Here is a tissue for your raging ass.

7 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

There is a return policy, and I used it, upset? Tell newegg to remove the return policy then.

You are upset for me upgrading to a better card because I was within my return policy? Here is a tissue for your raging ass.

I'm not upset, I'm not the one who got screwed out of money. It would be one thing to return it a couple of days later unopened because you had second thoughts, but to return it after a few weeks of use because you were stupid and didn't pay attention to all the Computex release talk is a whole other thing.