which windows 7 is good for gaming

L0str31

Windows 10.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

Windows 10.

This ^^

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Windows 7 Home.

I hate Windows 10. Come at me.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, Whotos said:

Windows 10 as it has support for DX12, a key technology in the future for PC gaming

ok but i got one question i want play game so old max payne the fall of max payne but i can t run in my laptop is windows 10

31 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

ok but i got one question i want play game so old max payne the fall of max payne but i can t run in my laptop is windows 10

Pff Windows 10.. how old... Windows 2000 I say!

Doing a quick Google at Max Payne 1 and 2, it looks like they are solutions, and it seems to be related to a coding issue where it doesn't like multi-core CPUs. Based on the first search result, which can be fixed, by telling Windows to set the game to processor 1 only. https://steamcommunity.com/app/12150/discussions/0/828937979068499775/

But aside from that, some people claim to run it successfully under compatibility mode, in other links

I sadly don't have the game to give it a spin. But if you can try on your laptop these things, as it urns Windows 10 already.

52 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Pff Windows 10.. how old... Windows 2000 I say!

Doing a quick Google at Max Payne 1 and 2, it looks like they are solutions, and it seems to be related to a coding issue where it doesn't like multi-core CPUs. Based on the first search result, which can be fixed, by telling Windows to set the game to processor 1 only. https://steamcommunity.com/app/12150/discussions/0/828937979068499775/

But aside from that, some people claim to run it successfully under compatibility mode, in other links

I sadly don't have the game to give it a spin. But if you can try on your laptop these things, as it urns Windows 10 already.

ok i have windows but what he mean open text task  i know is funny but i don know which app on laptop is it  Create two text documents  my laptop is a windows 10 the game still running but i don see anything in screen

1 hour ago, L0str31 said:

ok i have windows but what he mean open text task  i know is funny but i don know which app on laptop is it  Create two text documents  my laptop is a windows 10 the game still running but i don see anything in screen

Ok I think what he saying is:

1.  Make sure the game is not running on the back. So either restart your computer, or open Task Manager and check if it is running or not, if it does select it, and click on "End Task".

2. Make sure you see file extensions. Open a folder, such as clicking on the "File Explorer" icon on the Start Menu or Taskbar, and go to View tab, and make sure that the "File name extension" check box is checked.

3. Create a text file somewhere (Right-click on empty space, like on your desktop, or in a folder. A menu will pop-up, naturally,  and in the menu, go under New > Text Document). Rename that file to: "Max Payne.bat" (you can call what you want, but the file extension needs to be ".bat". And be sure it is ".bat", and not ".bat.txt"). Once renamed, Windows will you that you are about to change the file extension and that it may no longer work. And asking you if you are sure you want to change it. Say, Yes.

4. Now, right-click on that file, and select "Edit" in the menu. Notepad will open and show a blank document. In it, type: start /affinity 1 MaxPayne.exe
    This command like, says to Windows to run the game (MaxPayne.exe) on 1 CPU core only.

5. Save the file. Now, cut that file (Right-click > Cut), and go where the game is installed. Find the folder that has "MaxPayne.exe", and in it, Right-click in the empty area of the folder, and select Paste. This will move the file that you created previously there.

6. Now, double click on Max Payne.bat file when you want to play the game, and not the .exe (executable) file. See if it works.

7. If it does not work, open the Task Manager once again, and make sure the game is closed, or restart your system. Now, return back to the folder where the game is, where MaxPayne.exe  is located, and now right-click on the executable, this time, and select Properties, and in there, go under the Compatibility tab. In that tab, play with the options. You may want to select "Windows 95" or "Windows 98 / Windows Me", click on OK to apply and close, and now try again (Remember, run the Max Payne.bat, NOT the executable. If that still doesn't work, return back to the Compatibility tab, and try different options in there. Again, make sure the game is not running on the back, else you won't see it working, as the game is already running, even though you see nothing on the screen.

8. Once you find the proper configuration and everything works. Repeat the same process with the Max Payne 2. Chances are the settings that made the first game work, are the same as the second.

Hope this helps :)

46 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Ok I think what he saying is:

1.  Make sure the game is not running on the back. So either restart your computer, or open Task Manager and check if it is running or not, if it does select it, and click on "End Task".

2. Make sure you see file extensions. Open a folder, such as clicking on the "File Explorer" icon on the Start Menu or Taskbar, and go to View tab, and make sure that the "File name extension" check box is checked.

3. Create a text file somewhere (Right-click on empty space, like on your desktop, or in a folder. A menu will pop-up, naturally,  and in the menu, go under New > Text Document). Rename that file to: "Max Payne.bat" (you can call what you want, but the file extension needs to be ".bat". And be sure it is ".bat", and not ".bat.txt"). Once renamed, Windows will you that you are about to change the file extension and that it may no longer work. And asking you if you are sure you want to change it. Say, Yes.

4. Now, right-click on that file, and select "Edit" in the menu. Notepad will open and show a blank document. In it, type: start /affinity 1 MaxPayne.exe
    This command like, says to Windows to run the game (MaxPayne.exe) on 1 CPU core only.

5. Save the file. Now, cut that file (Right-click > Cut), and go where the game is installed. Find the folder that has "MaxPayne.exe", and in it, Right-click in the empty area of the folder, and select Paste. This will move the file that you created previously there.

6. Now, double click on Max Payne.bat file when you want to play the game, and not the .exe (executable) file. See if it works.

7. If it does not work, open the Task Manager once again, and make sure the game is closed, or restart your system. Now, return back to the folder where the game is, where MaxPayne.exe  is located, and now right-click on the executable, this time, and select Properties, and in there, go under the Compatibility tab. In that tab, play with the options. You may want to select "Windows 95" or "Windows 98 / Windows Me", click on OK to apply and close, and now try again (Remember, run the Max Payne.bat, NOT the executable. If that still doesn't work, return back to the Compatibility tab, and try different options in there. Again, make sure the game is not running on the back, else you won't see it working, as the game is already running, even though you see nothing on the screen.

8. Once you find the proper configuration and everything works. Repeat the same process with the Max Payne 2. Chances are the settings that made the first game work, are the same as the second.

Hope this helps :)

ty u helped me so much and not only and page because i don know about build and to much from technology thank u and creator of this page :)

14 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

ty u helped me so much and not only and page because i don know about build and to much from technology thank u and creator of this page :)

Anytime!

Let us know if it works!

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Anytime!

Let us know if it works!

yes i can play but actually i changed something in configuration and i played

2 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

yes i can play but actually i changed something in configuration and i played

Excellent! :D