USB 3.0 headers to 2.0 ports & PSU compatibility

Hey all,

I have recently bought all the parts for my new PC which I intend to build in the next couple of days (first build). I have been using the site "PC Part-Picker" to aid me in checking for compatibility, and as a result I have two questions with which I hope you may help me:

1. PC Part-Picker indicated to me a single incompatibility in my build: USB 3.0 headers vs 2.0 ports. My new motherboard is the Z170A gaming M5 while I am keeping my old case, the Antec Six Hundred V2. It appears that the Z170A has an onboard USB 3.0 header but my tower isn't equipped with any front panel USB 3.0 ports. I get that it is not a terribly bad problem but I would rather be able to use those front panel ports. Will I still be able to use the front panel USB ports even though they are only 2.0? I don't care if it diminishes the speed and effectiveness of the 3.0 headers, just want to be able to use my ports.

2. Secondly, I am just wondering about the compatibility of my PSU as it is the only part I haven't made extensive research on. PC Part-Picker indicated they were perfectly compatible but I also know that the site is not flawless, so just to be sure, I'll ask it here. My PSU is the Corsair HX650W. Not so worried about the wattage as my rig shouldn't be exceeding 550W once all the new parts are in place, but rather will connectors be compatible with my motherboard etc? I also imagine the PCI.E3.0 slots for my GTX980ti won't be a problem (I know, I know, I received it just months before the 1080, but it was a gift, don't diss me on it).

Thanks in advance,

Harold

You'll just plug the USB 2.0 header into the motherboard. No issues there, but like maybe get a new case that isn't really old that has some nicer features? Just a consideration.

Your PSU issue is nill so have no worries. Your system likely won't exceed 400W under any circumstances and the HX is new enough that it will have all the right connections.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||