Dual Monitor Mount and is it possible...?

Jourg
Go to solution Solved by EmeraldFlame,
1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Jayztwocents has this vesa mount with a huge base. Would something like that work? I am sure you can find a link to that one on his channel somewhere.

He uses the Ergotech 1 over 3 stand: http://ergotechgroup.com/gaming.html

Really made for more than 2 monitors, but if you are willing to spend the money, you can reconfigure it to just hold 2 monitors. All of the dedicated 2 monitor mounts I know of use the desk clamp style mount.

So I have two issues at hand. The first being that I need a dual monitor mount that anchors to my desk. My desk has a glass top so I'm worried the usual pressure brackets  will break it.

For my second issue, I recently purchased two Acer Monitors for my work desk. Needless to say I cheaped out and got the monitors refurbished for about $50 each (21" 1080p...). For the most part they serve a purpose but I can't get over the horrible contrast these monitors have. I already tried messing with the monitor menus/settings but no luck. So, I'm wondering.. Is it possible to improve on this issue by opening the monitors up and changing/adding some kind of light filters in? If so where can i buy them?

23 minutes ago, Jourg said:

So I have two issues at hand. The first being that I need a dual monitor mount that anchors to my desk. My desk has a glass top so I'm worried the usual pressure brackets  will break it.

For my second issue, I recently purchased two Acer Monitors for my work desk. Needless to say I cheaped out and got the monitors refurbished for about $50 each (21" 1080p...). For the most part they serve a purpose but I can't get over the horrible contrast these monitors have. I already tried messing with the monitor menus/settings but no luck. So, I'm wondering.. Is it possible to improve on this issue by opening the monitors up and changing/adding some kind of light filters in? If so where can i buy them?

I guess the color reproduction is dependent on your liquid crystal layer and LED panel quality. I never heard of somebody chaging that even thought it might be possible.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Probably not the best idea to get a dual monitor stand with a glass top and no.

Jayztwocents has this vesa mount with a huge base. Would something like that work? I am sure you can find a link to that one on his channel somewhere.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Really made for more than 2 monitors, but if you are willing to spend the money, you can reconfigure it to just hold 2 monitors. All of the dedicated 2 monitor mounts I know of use the desk clamp style mount.

1 hour ago, EmeraldFlame said:

This would actually work as I plan on getting more monitors (3 I want)... Prob will just replace the current ones also. Anyone have a cheaper mount solution?

The desk is up against a wall, so wall mounting would work as long as I could adjust the monitors.

8 hours ago, Jourg said:

I have a dual monitor mount with a clamp at the base on my glass desk. It's totally fine, I have a piece of cardboard on the underside where it meets the glass, and it comes with a foam layer on the top side. It's totally fine, and mine's been up for over a year now. 

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

17 hours ago, Jourg said:

This would actually work as I plan on getting more monitors (3 I want)... Prob will just replace the current ones also. Anyone have a cheaper mount solution?

The desk is up against a wall, so wall mounting would work as long as I could adjust the monitors.

If you just want the three monitors than ergotech also makes a smaller version you can find here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BD0MPM

You just lose the ability to put the one monitor over top with that version. It also uses slightly smaller arms with only one pivot point on each side instead of 2 so you may lose some compatability with really large monitors (>24"). But it is cheaper. Also ergotech sells the pieces for the more expensive stand a-la carte so if you wanted to upgrade in the future you could simply buy the longer center pole and another mount for that 1-over-3 functionality.

XFX used to make a triple monitor stand too (I actaully own one), and as far as I can tell they actually use the same hardware as this cheaper ergotech stand. So you might be able to find that one too, not sure if they still make it. I'd recommend the ergotech ones though over top of this. The ergotech base is flat, so even though it takes up a bunch of desk space, you can still put papers and things on top of it, it isn't completely lost space. The XFX stand is all angular and really thick, so it takes up a bunch of desk space and makes that space practically unusable. Only reason I got the XFX one was because I couldn't find the ergotech's with the flat base in stock anywhere at the time.