What are the chances that Google Fiber will be launched nationwide?

tedjani

i live in Algeria where we have one isp called Algeria telecom and my government give the telephone lines to the only isp and it is acting like the big boss they have the this thinking which says " here is you internet you don't like it will you can suck our Rusty telephone  lines " we have slow internet and kind of expensive

1 MB : 29$ the one that i have

512KB :17$

256KB : 10$

it's really slow i can't watch the WAN Show i can't play Multilayer  games  like battlefield 3

and when i see Google fiber on the internet and the crazy speed that it gives

so What are the chances that Google Fiber will be launched nationwide?

Manners Maketh Man

I have google fiber, its nice but good luck with getting it in your area 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

i live in Algeria where we have one isp called Algeria telecom and my government give the telephone lines to the only isp and it is acting like the big boss they have the this thinking which says " here is you internet you don't like it will you can suck our Rusty telephone  lines " we have slow internet and kind of expensive

1 MB : 29$ the one that i have

512KB :17$

256KB : 10$

it's really slow i can't watch the WAN Show i can't play Multilayer  games  like battlefield 3

and when i see Google fiber on the internet and the crazy speed that it gives

so What are the chances that Google Fiber will be launched nationwide?

Still better than South Africa

\

Not for quite a few years.

I bet they just push for faster ISP speeds then sell it off.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I have google fiber, its nice but good luck with getting it in your area 

It's nice?

Bro it appears you do not appreciate those gb speeds

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Wait if you're from Algeria, I doubt Google fiber will ever go international.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

It's nice?

Bro it appears you do not appreciate those gb speeds

Gigabit is ok, its kinda like the entire internet is on your whole computer but it does sometimes lag a bit and take 3 seconds to open facebook fully when i'm uploading a video 

#KilledMyWife 

Gigabit is ok, its kinda like the entire internet is on your whole computer but it does sometimes lag a bit and take 3 seconds to open facebook fully when i'm uploading a video 

I really think you should try out our internet... then you won't be so ungrateful.

\

Internationally? Very doubtful. You're much more likely to get picked for their Loon service (big blimps that help connect you to the net) than you are to get Google Fiber. Google is trying to get the ball rolling on a ton of things that it thinks should have been done by now, or should be getting done quicker. Google Fiber and their automated cars are two prime examples: Telcos are having a fit and doing anything they can to milk whatever they can out of consumers and their precious copper, and Google asked the US Government if they could test their automated cars on the road if they happened to make some, they said no, but Google put them out there anyways.

OK for me to download a video of the WAN show it take's me 2 Hours

to open this web page i need 10 seconds

i have wait 5 days for battlefield 3 5 days OK 5 days and to download a movie that have 1.5 GB i need 3 hour that's  why i cry myself to sleep everyday LOL so when you think that you hate your Google fiber think again and love every MB that you have

Manners Maketh Man

Not sure if trolling or...

But if you had fiber you could download BF3 in 3 and 1/2 minutes.

Thats 28 gigabytes worth of game.

Typing that gave me a boner

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I don't think EA's servers could handle that, even on the best of days, and their servers are faster and more reliable than Valve's, in my experience.

I don't think EA's servers could handle that, even on the best of days, and their servers are faster and more reliable than Valve's, in my experience.

Should be fine on non-peak times so times when the UK and US kids are either asleep or at school.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

to open this web page i need 10 seconds

Kinda doubt that since my grandma lives out in the middle of nowhere with 1.5Mbps internet and pages would load pretty quickly.

Trolling of course

I have fiber but its a more humble 90 down 40 up fiber 

#KilledMyWife 

Should be fine on non-peak times so times when the UK and US kids are either asleep or at school.

Even then, the storage solution would create a bottleneck.

Kinda doubt that since my grandma lives out in the middle of nowhere with 1.5Mbps internet and pages would load pretty quickly.

i got 1 MB that other half is not there for me so me so sad :wacko:

Manners Maketh Man

i got 1 MB that other half is not there for me so me so sad :wacko:

1 MegaByte (MB) down or one Megabit (Mb)?

if you want to. close all of your unneeded things, or don't click on anything else, and try this out. http://www.speedtest.net/

1 MegaByte (MB) down or one Megabit (Mb)?

if you want to. close all of your unneeded things, or don't click on anything else, and try this out. http://www.speedtest.net/

ok i got

download speed 0.89 Mbps

upload speed 0.24 Mbps

Manners Maketh Man

Right now Fiber is only in Kansas City. It's only scheduled for the surrounding area and Austin, TX and a town in Utah. It will slowly upgrade the infrastructure then they might sell it. Fiber is never meant to last but to (again) upgrade.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

It's clear Google never intends for its own service to become big.  Google Fiber simply serves as a wake up call for consumers.  It's essentially saying, hey stupid, you're paying way too much for Internet, look at what you could be getting for a fraction of the price.  Google does this with the hope that other small startup companies will develop some fiber infrastructure and deliver similar services to consumers around the nation.  It's about decentralizing the ISPs more so than just giving people better Internet service.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Nope, Google Fiber will only expand into technological cities, such as Austin and Kansas City. There's no point for Google to do it otherwise, its not like they're turning a huge profit with it.

The chances that Google Fiber will launch worldwide (even if Google Fiber launched nationwide you would still not get it, since it's currently in the US and you are in Algeria)? Next to none. Google Fiber is just a way for Google to make other ISPs in the US start upgrading their infrastructure. Google cares first and foremost about the US since that's where they are based.

Google Fiber will most likely not even become nationwide.