need help picking cpu for friends $400 desktop

so.

i just need to figgure out the cpu, and after that, i can get the gpu and such.

basicly, hes using for gaming and such, and the most demanding game he is going to play is fallout 4, 1080p, 60fps

I know its very cpu bound, so i was thinking of a 4790k, but it is ~$300, and the budget is $400. I was thinking 2700k, or 3770k off ebay, and maybe a r7 or a gtx 760. and i dont know. i might have to go pick up a nasty cx-m psu. what are your suggestions?

Thanks

edit/: because of confusion, ill put this here

$400 is the entire build, and it is a entirely new build

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

so.

basicly, hes using for gaming and such, and the most demanding game he is going to play is fallout 4, 1080p, 60fps

I know its very cpu bound, so i was thinking of a 4790k, but it is ~$300, and the budget is $400. I was thinking 2700k, or 3770k off ebay, and maybe a r7 or a gtx 760. and i dont know. i might have to go pick up a nasty cx-m psu. what are your suggestions?

Thanks

Would reccommend the 26/2700k.

Does he have mother board already or is it a total build ?  

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

so.

Thanks

What's the total budget? Why are you allocating $400 to the CPU then getting a crap GPU?

Just now, CobbleWalker said:

What's the total budget? Why are you allocating $400 to the CPU then getting a crap GPU?

the total budget is $400

1 minute ago, Trevor87 said:

total build

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

the total budget is $400

Uhhh. If you're really set on building one, that's cool. But when it comes down to it, there's no way it'll play fallout at those settings. He should consider getting a prebuilt.

3 minutes ago, l__T__l said:

Would reccommend the 26/2700k.

thats what i thought. im just concerned about fallout, as its very cpu bound

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

Uhhh. If you're really set on building one, that's cool. But when it comes down to it, there's no way it'll play fallout at those settings. He should consider getting a prebuilt.

yeah

he want it built

im thinking of going used off ebay and such

a prebuilt cant run that either

how about like a 750ti and a 2700k?

ocd

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

yeah

he want it built

im thinking of going used off ebay and such

a prebuilt cant run that either

how about like a 750ti and a 2700k?

ocd

Although it is a very CPU bound game, I would try to get as close to an r9 390 as you could, then but the cpu.

2 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

Although it is a very CPU bound game, I would try to get as close to an r9 390 as you could, then but the cpu.

gahh

this is a problem

idk

what im thinking of is a 2500k/2700k plus a r7 or a 760 or 770, as he doesnt care if its on med settings

11 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

dude... you get WAAAAAAAY less value with a prebuilt, for $400 its going to be a cheap ass pentium and a 750TI or something. there is no way there is more value in a prebuilt then whay you can put together yourself with new and/or used parts man lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

dude... you get WAAAAAAAY less value with a prebuilt, for $400 its going to be a cheap ass pentium and a 750TI or something. there is no way there is more value in a prebuilt then whay you can put together yourself with new and/or used parts man lol

1 hour ago, CobbleWalker said:

1 hour ago, Trevor87 said:

ive made a deal with him

he buys the cpu, case, psu,, and mobo.

i will let him borrow my ram and gpu (8gb ddr3, 750ti) cpu cooler, well, hes gonna go stock, because hes not geting my h100i unless he buys it lol

that lessens up at least $200 of the budget

38 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

gahh

this is a problem

idk

what im thinking of is a 2500k/2700k plus a r7 or a 760 or 770, as he doesnt care if its on med settings

I'm sorry dude I meant an r9 380! Your current solution is good though.

1 hour ago, CobbleWalker said:

I'm sorry dude I meant an r9 380! Your current solution is good though.

ahh lol

yeah

what cpu, would you recommend on the build?

doesnt count gpu and ram, ut includes everythingelse

The best thing is probable is for him to save up little more then he can get decent parts so don't have to take any short cut's.