$1000-What do I upgrade!?

My Rig-

Case-NZXT Enthusiast

CPU- i7, 3770k @ 3.5Ghz

Mobo-GIGABYTE LGA 1155 Intel Z77

CPU cooler- Corsiar H60

GPU- Radeon 7970 3GB

PSU- Corsair HX 850w

I have $1000 to spend what do I upgrade guys? also thinking of a 27" 2560x1440 perhaps after comp upgrade.

Case-Corsair 250D, Mobo- Gigabyte Z97 Mini-itx, Cpu-i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz (ATM), Ram- HyperX Fury 1866 8GB, GPU-EVGA GTX 980 4GB, PSU- Corsair AX 760, CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i

good lord, I'd upgrade your car considering your machine is pretty set. What about SSD's? Another 7970? A 780? What do you need? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

You haven't mentioned an SSD so I'd go with that first

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

A 2560x1440 monitor and a second 7970 would make an awesome upgrade.

If you want to overclock a bit more a better CPU cooler would be nice.

And what the heck is an NZXT Enthusiast? :P

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Try to oc your cpu a bit maybe to like 4.2-4.4 GHz, performance improvement without any cost.

You did not write about your storage config, but what about an ssd or two, maybe raid 0?

Tomorrow the new amd gpus will be released, maybe buy 2 R9 290x, sell your 7970 afterwards for like 250-300 bucks, and get the ssds with that money.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Which peripherals do you currently use? Since your rig can pretty much handle anything, I would spend money on that and/or a 2560x1440 screen

You can also upgrade your CPU cooler, not necessary though.

THE signature

A 2560x1440 monitor and a second 7970 would make an awesome upgrade.

If you want to overclock a bit more a better CPU cooler would be nice.

And what the heck is an NZXT Enthusiast? :P

I think he ment NZXT Phantom Enthusiast.. not sure though :P

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

an ssd,a/some gpu,a monitor and thats all!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

A CD. As in Certificate of Deposit. That $1000 must be burning a hole in your pocket for you to want to upgrade your rig as it stands. Bank the dosh until something really neat comes along.

a sound card/external dac/amp? buy new peripherals? ssd?

i wouldnt really upgrade anything on that rig except for buying things that accommodate it to enhance the pc experience.

i mean .. 1000$ .. you can build another decent pc for that money :P

make a server or start a cool project it you want to.

Ok sorry guys ( in class) firstly addressing my sotrage set-up I currently have a 167GB SSD, as well as a 1TB HDD. Moving on for those of you who think I should get another 7970 would my PSU be alright or should I up that? And as for peripherals I would very much like a new monitor preferably 2560x1440+ , and I have bought the Corsiar K95 and M95.

Case-Corsair 250D, Mobo- Gigabyte Z97 Mini-itx, Cpu-i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz (ATM), Ram- HyperX Fury 1866 8GB, GPU-EVGA GTX 980 4GB, PSU- Corsair AX 760, CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i

Truthfully I have really only gotten into pc gaming within the last year. ( Ex-console gamer) So still learning and feel that my system when looking at others just isn't up to par. ( my imagination?) since I don't really know much of the standards. 

I think he ment NZXT Phantom Enthusiast.. not sure though :P

Yep that's what I meant sorry lol

Ok sorry guys ( in class) firstly addressing my sotrage set-up I currently have a 167GB SSD, as well as a 1TB HDD. Moving on for those of you who think I should get another 7970 would my PSU be alright or should I up that? And as for peripherals I would very much like a new monitor preferably 2560x1440+ , and I have bought the Corsiar K95 and M95.

850w for 2 7970's is more than enough

THE signature

What peripherals do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Truthfully I have really only gotten into pc gaming within the last year. ( Ex-console gamer) So still learning and feel that my system when looking at others just isn't up to par. ( my imagination?) since I don't really know much of the standards. 

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

It was more of a reply to all who asked the questions but thank you for the info :)