Need help switching CPUs between PCs

ArizDry

The processors are both the newer Skylake ones. One is an i3-6100 and one is an i5-6400. 

If I were to change them, would I have to reapply paste? I'm not sure whether I would move the fans too or just the processor. I don't really have access to any thermal paste and I probably won't be able to buy for at least a week. 

5 minutes ago, ArizDry said:

The processors are both the newer Skylake ones. One is an i3-6100 and one is an i5-6400. 

If I were to change them, would I have to reapply paste? I'm not sure whether I would move the fans too or just the processor. I don't really have access to any thermal paste and I probably won't be able to buy for at least a week. 

It'd be in your best interest to wait until you can get your hands on thermal compound.

10 minutes ago, ArizDry said:

i always replace the thermal paste

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

Its highly recommended to clean and reapply. You are risking dropping some paste to pins on the way. And making mess altogether.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv