Owners of new Titan x/980 ti/980 what and how do you feel/ think about new GPU release?

To answer the question on how I feel, I'm a bit salty. I have not had my 980 Ti for long and now a new better cards are coming so I am a little bit pissed. I just might get a GTX 1080 if the benchmarks look good and if I can sell my 980 Ti to my friend.

23 hours ago, Loleo said:

But why? They are most likely pc enthusiasts and I would sure as hell be a bit salty if I just bought a new GPU for a cr*p ton of $$$ and then a better card comes out for less. 

We are talking graphics cards here. The industry changes so fast that nothing is "New" for more than a month.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

ive been running 2 way SLI titans for something like a year and a half now, so i have no room to be pissed, nor am i inclined to be, im actually quite please with what the data sheets are saying so far, but im going to wait and see what the real world reviews say about ether card compared to the titan. that said i would likely upgrade to the the next generation card after pascal, as by then the performance increases should be nothing to sneeze at.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

I dont mind, i got my 980ti last july i think a week or so after release. I have money to burn so i was thinking about just saying fuck it and getting 1080 sli but i dont need to put more money into my computer if what i have works just great on 1440p

Already sold my 980's awhile ago in favor for older cards. May get the new gen titan or titan x if prices fall enough. Don't care much for the 1xxx gen. Not having a 4k screen or triple 1400's, im not very impressed with next gen stuff.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Bought a eVGA GTX980ti Hybrid in January, happy to keep using it until the 1080ti (or whatever they call it) drops.

I see the 1080 as a intermediary step like the 780/980 right before the big boy drops.

Plus I'm only gaming at 1080p@144hz and will be for a while.

When I do make the move I'll give my 980ti to my wife who is gaming on a R9 270 which still plays everything she likes at 2650x1080p including WWE 2k16 xD

I got my 980ti last Nov & have really loved this particular card so I intend on keeping it for awhile regardless if I end up upgrading in the near future. TBH I feel that there is still way to many unknowns to jump on the Pascal bandwagon yet. Sure those clock numbers, GDDR5X, & what NVIDIA has told us sound & look great but only a fool would believe that is the whole story & every GP204 chip will perform that well. Personally for me I am waiting on solid benchmark numbers, OCing potential info, 3rd party versions before I even start to consider upgrading to a 1080. Also there is the Pascal based Titan & TI versions that are most likely not far off. I believe us owners of 980tis & Titan Xs are just fine for the time being.