What is that part? Picture of 3DS inside.

The thing he's holding with the pliers? That's a FlatFlex cable, it's a connection of some sort

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

No, you can safely throw it away.

jk, man, if it is in here, it has a purpose, they aren't so dumb to put unnecessary things inside...

It's a microphone ribbon cable according to iFixIt

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

8 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

No, you can safely throw it away.

jk, man, if it is in here, it has a purpose, they aren't so dumb to put unnecessary things inside...

It's a microphone ribbon cable according to iFixIt

Oh thank god! That's perfect. Mine broke when I was switching the screen. I never used the mic to begin with so that's cool.

My 3DS's charging port had been broken so I I opened it to replace it with one I stripped from a broken 3DS. Now it charges but it won't turn on. Help!

heres a video of what happens:

2 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

My 3DS's charging port had been broken so I I opened it to replace it with one I stripped from a broken 3DS. Now it charges but it won't turn on. Help!

heres a video of what happens:

Looks like something is shorting out or was not reconnected properly. The first second or so of a boot for the DS is a system check to make sure nothing is missing or broken... 

Does it work with the charger plugged in? Have you tried hard resetting the DS? (Not even sure if there's a way anymore...)

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 minute ago, Brink2Three said:

Looks like something is shorting out or was not reconnected properly. The first second or so of a boot for the DS is a system check to make sure nothing is missing or broken... 

Does it work with the charger plugged in? Have you tried hard resetting the DS? (Not even sure if there's a way anymore...)

Would it missing the microphone cause something this major?

11 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

Would it missing the microphone cause something this major?

remnants of the mic cables (or what ever it uses to connect the mic) might be shorting it 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

It is possible that the 3DS is noticing that there is no microphone during its POST process. That or another component is not installed properly.

did you try calling customer support so they can tell you to turn it on and off?

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.