Build myself or get a technician?

Greetings. I have bought most of the parts for my new gaming PC  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QJGWnQ  and I was wondering if I should try to build it alone.

I would definitely like to do it myself but I have zero experience and I would have to rely on youtube guides and hardware manuals. I am scared of breaking or burning anything like the CPU, motherboard, etc.

How hard/dangerous is it to actually assemble your own PC? Should I just pay a PC technician to do it and be done with it? Thanks

Seek and you shall find.

What power supply? Also, build it yourself. Costs less and it's a lot easier than you think.

I predict people thinking you haven't bought all the parts and either saying 'GET A 390' or wait for Pascal/Polaris.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

BUY A 390!

390 > Titan 

AMD > Gimpvidia

9 minutes ago, baloonis said:

Greetings. I have bought most of the parts for my new gaming PC  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QJGWnQ  and I was wondering if I should try to build it alone.

I would definitely like to do it myself but I have zero experience and I would have to rely on youtube guides and hardware manuals. I am scared of breaking or burning anything like the CPU, motherboard, etc.

How hard/dangerous is it to actually assemble your own PC? Should I just pay a PC technician to do it and be done with it? Thanks

To be honest build it yourslef, you'll fell like a boss when your done, and PC components can handle much more then what you can think, I'm talking from experience here. Tryed fitting my fuking motherboard into the fking OI ports for like 15 minutes, didn't handle the mobo with care at that point.

16 minutes ago, baloonis said:

Not at all.  Take your time and enjoy it , you will get an immense sense of satisfaction doing it yourself.

Avoid touching metal bits on your components and don't do anything silly ESD wise and you will be fine.

Lots and lots and... of build guides on YT , virtually all of them state how easy it is (adult LEGO is an oft used phrase).

Carey Holzman (whilst a tad disliked in here) goes into excruciating detail on EVERY aspect of building a PC his videos are well worth a look .  Linus, especially now, not so much in the old days, has what could be considered a "well if it breaks I will use another one" attitude, so maybe only watch his older build guides.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you're careful and double/triple check your connections etc are in the correct place you should be fine... it's generally people that rush things and don't look at manuals/guides properly that end up breaking something. If you're not sure of something then ask here :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

12 minutes ago, baloonis said:

Please just build it your own. It's a great and fun experience and there's really no way in breaking a part. Just be gentle and read directions. You can even look up a guide on how to build one. It's not dangerous at all. Paying a technician do to a simple job would be a waste. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Thank you everyone, you boosted my confidence! And I have already bought the parts on partpicker xD Thanks again!

Seek and you shall find.

2 minutes ago, baloonis said:

Thank you everyone, you boosted my confidence! And I have already bought the parts on partpicker xD Thanks again!

Good luck bud, not that youre gonna need any since it's easy af. Tip, keep grounding yourself often, you don't want static messing around with your extensive lego right?

Otherwise before putting everything in the case I'd suggest building it on the mobo's box first, make sure you post. Then fix everything inside the case and your done!