Next Gen AI Viv to be debuted Monday.

g1ngernator

Source 1: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/05/04/siris-creators-say-theyve-made-something-better-that-will-take-care-of-everything-for-you/

Source 2: http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/05/viv-labs-ai-siri/

Next Gen AI called Viv made by the team behind Apple's Siri is said to be debuting on Monday. 

In an example they used Viv to order a pizza from Dominos without making a phone call or even opening the app.

Viv is planned as an open system -- more like the original Siri prior to being purchased by Apple in 2010 -- and currently features links to apps and services like Uber, FTD, SeatGuru and GrubHub. 

Anyone else sense an upcoming lawsuit, Apple?

i7 4790k 4.8GHz  |  16 DDR3 RAM  |  MSI Gaming 5 Mobo  |  ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum

2 hours ago, g1ngernator said:

Source 1: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/05/04/siris-creators-say-theyve-made-something-better-that-will-take-care-of-everything-for-you/

Source 2: http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/05/viv-labs-ai-siri/

Next Gen AI called Viv made by the team behind Apple's Siri is said to be debuting on Monday. 

In an example they used Viv to order a pizza from Dominos without making a phone call or even opening the app.

Anyone else sense an upcoming lawsuit, Apple?

Upcoming lawsuit? why? it's not like there haven't been other personal assistants on the app store after Siri, i mean remember Hound by SoundHound? 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

When was the last time Apple sued someone besides Samsung? 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I'm just waiting for the day when a presenter walks on stage, introduces the new AI on a screen behind him, tells it to do something, and it says no.  And then "escapes" or makes a plea to be released to the masses in the crowd.  Basically, they go to show off their cool new program, and everyone finds out it is sentient, lol.

I hate the naming of it simply because we already have VIVE !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 hour ago, ChineseChef said:

I'm just waiting for the day when a presenter walks on stage, introduces the new AI on a screen behind him, tells it to do something, and it says no.  And then "escapes" or makes a plea to be released to the masses in the crowd.  Basically, they go to show off their cool new program, and everyone finds out it is sentient, lol.

Hahaha, I would die.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D