Second hdd that stops working... What am I doing wrong?

Legenderys

My laptop had inside an WD blue 10JPVX and after it broke I bought this one: hitachi travelstar 7k1000 and some days ago it broke too...

Was it a bad purchase? What should I buy then?

If you are particularly rough on your laptop, HDDs will absolutely not like that.

The best thing you could do is try an SSD if your usage needs a lot of movement...  plus its lighter :)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

If you are particularly rough on your laptop, HDDs will absolutely not like that.

The best thing you could do is try an SSD if your usage needs a lot of movement...  plus its lighter :)

I want to use like 500gb or more and I don't want to spend 300 euros for a storage drive.

33 minutes ago, Legenderys said:

I want to use like 500gb or more and I don't want to spend 300 euros for a storage drive.

I am completely unfamiliar with the Euro & Europe, in the US you can find 500GB SSDs for $120... is it possible to find similar in Europe?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

21 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

I am completely unfamiliar with the Euro & Europe, in the US you can find 500GB SSDs for $120... is it possible to find similar in Europe?

I actually found samsung evo 850 250gb with 89euros and i think I'll purchase this one

4 hours ago, Legenderys said:

I actually found samsung evo 850 250gb with 89euros and i think I'll purchase this one

Yeah, I would recommend a SSD as well. My laptop came with a hard drive...after 8 months it slowed down to a crawl (Took 3 min to boot). I installed a Crucial M500 (It was the best bang for the buck at the time) and it boots really fast since I installed it. Though, I think you just had bad luck and had a dead drive from the factory. It happened to me once, the UPS guy KO'd the WD red I bought (I thought the newegg box had been run over by the truck from how the box looked...). I usually test any hard drives with a scan from the manufacturer's hard drive toolkit to make sure it's not dead. But yeah, I would still get the SSD, they can handle abuse far better.