Fashion thoughts...

Merc.

Hello again. 

Reddit didn't give me any answers so I'll ask this here.

I'm in a some kind of style crisis I would say. The thing is that in my school (high-school) everyone, well... not everyone but at least 60% of the men/boys wear hoodies, gray sweatpants, Nike shoes etc... and I was thinking that hell no I don't want to be like those unfashionable assh... boys. But then I thought that their outfit looks really comfy.

So what I've been thinking: Would it be considered overdressing if I wore a dress shirt, black jeans, brown dress shoes (or at least similar shoes) and maybe a tie and a watch? And would it be rude to dress better than others? Do teachers like it or not?

Simply is it better to be unique and dress well (a bit overdressing) or be the same and dress similarly as others and not get negative feedback from others?

I would say this is a question about which you like more looks or comfort.

Please tell your opinions on this one. I'm interested. 

King of Off Topic.

Dress however you want. Why would you care what other people think about the way you dress? 

You're still in school, so you won't ever see any of those people after you graduate. So, fuck those people and what they think of the way you dress.

When you enter the professional world you can begin worrying about how you dress, since your boss will most likely be dictating that. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't dree like most teenage boys in the UK, I wear checked shirts, jeans, brown leather boots, political shirts and hoddies every now and then.

Tracksuits and flashy shoes are all the rage here. 

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

9 hours ago, Merc. said:

Hello again. 

I'm in a some kind of style crisis I would say. The thing is that in my school (high-school) everyone, well... not everyone but at least 60% of the men/boys wear hoodies, gray sweatpants, Nike shoes etc... and I was thinking that hell no I don't want to be like those unfashionable assh... boys. But then I thought that their outfit looks really comfy.

So what I've been thinking: Would it be considered overdressing if I wore a dress shirt, black jeans, brown dress shoes (or at least similar shoes) and maybe a tie and a watch? And would it be rude to dress better than others? Do teachers like it or not?

Simply is it better to be unique and dress well (a bit overdressing) or be the same and dress similarly as others and not get negative feedback from others?

I too used to be in the same position as you. I decided on that if i'm at home, comfort all the way. If i'm out, i'm gonna make myself look as good as possible. In highschool i started wearing a shirt and tie and stuff however i wore a beanie too so it looked a bit more hip and at first i would get a comment now and then from my friends about looking professional in a joking way but it wasn't too common. Do whatever you want m8 but hopefully this helped :)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

if you are in a position to

then you should wear what makes you happy and comfortable, your style is your own, and you can do what you want

Dont think about it to much

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I always wear my Nixon watch when I go out of the house, even if its just to pick up the mail (A bad habbit at this point). I sometimes wear a nice shirt and a black jeans. But I'd keep away from overdressing as you can be looked at as somewhat a try-hard I guess. So scrap the tie and the brown dress/suit shoes and wear some nice shoes, but don't take it too far. Besides your physical location says Finland, I would be somewhat careful of how I dress there because most finns dress like crap and look down upon people that overdress (Just my impression, I could be wrong, I've just been there twice so far) I guess it depends on where in Finland you are, perhaps in Helsinki or Tampere or other "big" cities, but if you're out in the country, like I have a GF that lives in Jarvenpaa and I never saw anyone overdress and most people in her family hates suits and whatnot soo, when I were there I just went with jeans, normal-ish shoes, my watch and a maybe an open shirt over the white t-shirt.

I like to wear stuff that looks nice and I feel comfortable in. But I try not to overdress as I have heard it before actually. Dosen't really bother me when it comes from a guy wearing a black leather jacket with Volvo printed on the back of it and using air fresheners inside his jacket.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

If you want to dress in that, you go for it. Sod everyone else's opinions on your clothing. As long as it's not hindering anyone, there's no problem. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

16 hours ago, Merc. said:

Hello again. 

You can have a bit of both if you wish.  Keep your style and have super comfortable clothes.

For warmer weather, you can have nice linen pants.  I love that material.  Some linen pants (well made ones) look good and feel like wearing pajamas.  Linen does crease easily and is somewhat delicate.  I have pairs that are more resistant to creasing and still feel comfortable.  In winter, you can switch to heavier cotton.  Even wear long underwear if needed.

You can wear a hoodie AND a shirt (tie as well if you want), or leave the hoodie out... it really does not matter.  Again, choice in materials and how well the clothes are made play a huge role in comfort.

I have dressy shoes that are extremely comfortable, and some that are not so comfortable. 

You don't need to wear sweatpants and a hoodie to be comfortable.  I am sure there are even running shoes that are disguised as dress shoes.

8 hours ago, Clonzoo said:

I always wear my Nixon watch when I go out of the house, even if its just to pick up the mail (A bad habbit at this point). I sometimes wear a nice shirt and a black jeans. But I'd keep away from overdressing as you can be looked at as somewhat a try-hard I guess. So scrap the tie and the brown dress/suit shoes and wear some nice shoes, but don't take it too far. Besides your physical location says Finland, I would be somewhat careful of how I dress there because most finns dress like crap and look down upon people that overdress (Just my impression, I could be wrong, I've just been there twice so far) I guess it depends on where in Finland you are, perhaps in Helsinki or Tampere or other "big" cities, but if you're out in the country, like I have a GF that lives in Jarvenpaa and I never saw anyone overdress and most people in her family hates suits and whatnot soo, when I were there I just went with jeans, normal-ish shoes, my watch and a maybe an open shirt over the white t-shirt.

I like to wear stuff that looks nice and I feel comfortable in. But I try not to overdress as I have heard it before actually. Dosen't really bother me when it comes from a guy wearing a black leather jacket with Volvo printed on the back of it and using air fresheners inside his jacket.

Yeah... Finns are definitely one of the most laziest people to dress well. I live in a small village (smaller than järvenpää) where you can see people wearing ugly clothes everywhere. Only the younger generation tries to dress a bit better. In my school there are exactly two people wearing a dress shirt (with sweatpants of course) out of about 300. Looks like I'll continue looking for my own style... :D 

King of Off Topic.

My personal rule is for pants nothing less than jeans if leaving my house and a nice looking tshirt/ hoodie /causal button up.  My onld high school had uniforms and the teachers didn't care if you dressed up (one person wore a jacket with tails to class all day)