Is it possible to Quad-boot?

Go to solution Solved by Benergy,
6 minutes ago, GoZone said:

I am wanting to have a laptop to have Windows/Mac/Ubuntu/Remix so I can have the best of all of these applications, but is it possible at the least?

Yes. 

You could use the GRUB bootloader, for example, which is easily configurably from within Ubuntu.

It gives you a menu on boot to choose whatever OS you want to start up (you can have any number of OS' you want really).

I am wanting to have a laptop to have Windows/Mac/Ubuntu/Remix so I can have the best of all of these applications, but is it possible at the least?

"Simple Yet Complex" 

I don't think there is a limit if you have the room to partition space for each. 
But, don't quote me on that. I had to tri-boot for a grade school project. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

6 minutes ago, GoZone said:

Yes. 

You could use the GRUB bootloader, for example, which is easily configurably from within Ubuntu.

It gives you a menu on boot to choose whatever OS you want to start up (you can have any number of OS' you want really).

Almost as cool as my temps  

1 minute ago, GoZone said:

Yep! Done it before with two versions of Windows (7 and 10), Yosemite, and Linux mint. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

I don't think there is a limit if you have the room to partition space for each. 
But, don't quote me on that. I had to tri-boot for a grade school project. 

Epic, wish I could do that for a school project, :P

"Simple Yet Complex" 

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

Yes. 

It gives you a menu on boot to choose whatever OS you want to start up.

How would you do that because Ubuntu and Remix doesn't love the default bootloader?

"Simple Yet Complex" 

2 minutes ago, GoZone said:

Epic, wish I could do that for a school project, :P

It's one of the things that got me into technology. I thought it was extremely cool.
Though at that time Visualization wasn't as big and I think that would honestly be a better route. 

2 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

It's one of the things that got me into technology. I thought it was extremely cool.
Though at that time Visualization wasn't as big and I think that would honestly be a better route. 

What kind of class could you do that for?

"Simple Yet Complex" 

3 minutes ago, GoZone said:

How would you do that because Ubuntu and Remix doesn't love the default bootloader?

If GRUB is currently installed as your bootloader, http://www.howtogeek.com/196655/how-to-configure-the-grub2-boot-loaders-settings/ 

If not, http://howtoubuntu.org/how-to-repair-restore-reinstall-grub-2-with-a-ubuntu-live-cd

It's easy to configure. There's an Ubuntu program with a GUI you can use to set custom backgrounds and fonts for the GRUB menu too :)

(GRUBcustomiser or something)

Almost as cool as my temps  

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

If GRUB is currently installed as your bootloader, http://www.howtogeek.com/196655/how-to-configure-the-grub2-boot-loaders-settings/ 

If not, http://howtoubuntu.org/how-to-repair-restore-reinstall-grub-2-with-a-ubuntu-live-cd

It's easy to configure. There's an Ubuntu program with a GUI you can use to set custom backgrounds and fonts for the GRUB menu too :)

(GRUBcustomiser or something)

Okay thanks I need to archive this when I get the laptop then.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

1 minute ago, GoZone said:

What kind of class could you do that for?

My area had very specialized grade schools. Mine just happened to be a vocational school.
ie: Car garages and paint studios, huge film and cad classes, and tons of hardware and networking classes.
I just got lucky that I happened to go to a great vocational grade school.
Extremely bad math and science departments, though.