Some type of virus on Android phone

SkixAces

So since a few weeks, the phone of my brother constantly wants to install an app while he doesn't do anything. Just while using the phone the installer keeps popping up and it's pretty damn annoying. 

The application the phone tries to install is called superb cleaner. I can't find anything on the phone which is causing it, and even after a factory reset it is still popping up. We obviously don't want to install it. 

Hopefully somebody knows how to get rid of this problem. I'll add a screenshot of the install screen to the post

IMG-20160504-WA0010.jpg

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

Try installing malwarebytes (available on the play store for free) and running a scan. 

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

If you've already tried a Factory Reset I question if it's really a virus. Although I suppose it's possible that if it is it's rooted itself inside the default OS where it can reload itself even if you wipe the phone then it's very possible, also very nasty and aggressive. Does your phone have a Task Manager? See if it's listed in there and has an option to disable it. Although I suppose it's a pop-up not a already installed program so it might not be in there, it's the only idea I have though. I'm not a phone expert.

Uncheck install from unknown sources. Has he been installing APK's from an unofficial source?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

The screen show up immediately after you did the factory reset without installing any apps?   Or did you had already installed something after the factory reset when the message showed up?

Mystery is the source of all true science.

30 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Uncheck install from unknown sources. Has he been installing APK's from an unofficial source?

If you uncheck it, it still tries to install it but it says you have to check it. 

Anyways, I did a malware scan and it found 3 things. After half an our of use the pop up still hasn't occurred but I'm not certain yet if it is gone. Hopefully it is in which case, thanks for the help of you guys :)

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

36 minutes ago, SkixAces said:

If you uncheck it, it still tries to install it but it says you have to check it. 

Anyways, I did a malware scan and it found 3 things. After half an our of use the pop up still hasn't occurred but I'm not certain yet if it is gone. Hopefully it is in which case, thanks for the help of you guys :)

If you connect the device to a computer, you might be able to delete all traces of the app. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch