Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death.

Neil96

Hello, I bought a ASUS laptop with windows 10 installed. Ever since I bought it, I have been having blue screens pop up multiple times. So far I have had three error stating Critical Process Died, Unexpected Store Exception and Kernel Data Inpage Error(volmgrx.sys). Can anybody please help me with solutions or anything. Thank you.

Side note, I have another laptop that runs Windows 8.1 and I never had a blue screen pop up. If this helps in some way.

3 minutes ago, Neil96 said:

Hello, I bought a ASUS laptop with windows 10 installed. Ever since I bought it, I have been having blue screens pop up multiple times. So far I have had three error stating Critical Process Died, Unexpected Store Exception and Kernel Data Inpage Error(volmgrx.sys). Can anybody please help me with solutions or anything. Thank you.

Side note, I have another laptop that runs Windows 8.1 and I never had a blue screen pop up. If this helps in some way.

Probably an essential Windows file is corrupt.

Press the start button and search for 'cmd.exe', then right click on Command Prompt and run as administrator.

Type 'sfc /scannow' (without quotes) to scan your Windows installation for any corrupt files.

Almost as cool as my temps  

@Benergy I ran the scan and it said "windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

4 minutes ago, Neil96 said:

@Benergy I ran the scan and it said "windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

'A kernel data inpage error is a disconnected drive that cannot auto reconnect (no hotswap enabled)' - guy on TomsHardware

Does it blue screen after you move the laptop around at all? It's possible your HDD is slightly loose and momentarily disconnects while the laptop is running.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Not really, I even ran a memory diagnosis and nothing came up either. @Benergy

BSODs are nearly always: faulty hardware or drivers issue. And on rare cases Windows got corrupted (but that is usually linked that you installed something that was poorly coded, or have or had a malware or virus as they usually modify system files).

If a full update of drivers and BIOS/UEFI doesn't solve your problem, and a clean install also doesn't help, than you have faulty hardware, and you should return the device to the store or pass it under warranty depending on the bets available options based on your local laws and how long you had the system.