sacrifices you've made!

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

I had to delete my granturismo 4 and 3 data on ps2 as i didnt have enough space. Hardest decision of my life.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well i had to pick strawberries 14 hours in a day (1-month) just to get R9-290x!

PerfectStrawberry.jpg

They looks so horrible after working with them!

honestly if i could save up that much money in a month i would take that job.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

why did you have to reinstall win?? 

to keep my system clean from install and uninstall mess. I like to wipe my computer at least once every 3 months or so

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

I've sacrificed a night with my gf to do a fresh install of Windows >>

I don't think your hand counts... LOL

I don't think your hand counts... LOL

nope, a hand doesn't count as a girlfriend good observation >>

I had to save up a very long time to get my current rig, just save, save and save.

By today's standards it's probably deemed as bad. Apart from the 2550K, 8GB RAM. Wish I could get more juice from the 2550K only running it at 4GHz :( (Air cooling though, Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

nope, a hand doesn't count as a girlfriend good observation >>

Mrs. Fistina and her five daughters are the best companions, they never leave your side.

My electricity bills to be able to fold@home 24/7.

exactly my electricity bill triples when i use boinc 24/7 

That's why i took a job :)

(i earned 1500€)

i work until 7pm (school ends around 5pm) and 2pm to 7pm on weekends and i study until 10pm and i make around 300$ a month which is not bad for the time i work 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

to keep my system clean from install and uninstall mess. I like to wipe my computer at least once every 3 months or so

I can't help but do it almost monthly because other people use my pc so it just gets messed up and im to lazy to manually fix things.

Mrs. Fistina and her five children are the best companions, they never leave your side.

you're speaking of children as companions for the night? YOU DISGUST ME xD

i had to "work as taxi" for a single person for like 6 month to buy my current phone -_-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

1-i had to study for like for 3 hours without break just to get an gpu.

Try studying engineering and you'll often ask yourself "Why am I even doing this?" or "Someone please kill me.". OK, I get it, you're 14... 

So my sacrifice? 

I practically wasted the entire summer to study for the 4 exams I had left (the horror finally ends on wednesday, phew). I had no free time whatsoever. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If i got new GPU every time I've spent studying 3+ hours, I would have tons of GPU's by now. Welcome to the university!

In all seriousness, my current rig cost me around 1,5 months salary. Remind you it was just a summer time job but still it's a quite a lot of money. Especially if you're a student. The biggest reason I chose so high end components was because I don't upgrade very often. My previous CPU was Q6600 and GPU 4870x2. So yeah...

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

I sold my old computer and did not game for 9 months to save up for my new build.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

If i got new GPU every time I've spent studying 3+ hours, I would have tons of GPU's by now. Welcome to the university!

In all seriousness, my current rig cost me around 1,5 months salary. Remind you it was just a summer time job but still it's a quite a lot of money. Especially if you're a student. The biggest reason I chose so high end components was because I don't upgrade very often. My previous CPU was Q6600 and GPU 4870x2. So yeah...

What do you study?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've done 4 years in the Marines and participated in multiple charity works

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I had to mow lawns, and I sold myself to work for this church for 8 years as their one and only editor only 5 years to go 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Not sure, maybe that I worked my way into some debt for a laptop but that's it. :P And no not spoiled, simply saved up money for my computer build itself.

hey guys! sorry for this another random post! but this one is good!
what sacrifices you've made to get a computer/it's products/games or whatever things that's related to this^^.
i'l write mine as an example!(write at least 3 of 'em! i'm sure that al have done at least 3!

1-i had to study for like for 3 hours without break just to get an gpu.
2-i had to sacrifice my gaming hours just for pocket money!(now of coarse it's back to the same as before and i'm happy for that!)
3-i had to sacrifice my MTB bike for my games. 

1371929547165.jpg

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

I had to.....no no, I have it easy actually....