Microsoft to stop allowing Cortana in other browsers

jasonr22

Microsoft is restricting Cortana to be used exclusively with Microsoft Edge.  Althought they may have a point with...   "The continuity of these types of task completion scenarios is disrupted if Cortana can't depend on Bing as the search provider and Microsoft Edge as the browser."

Although it just seems that they are great company.  A sucky search engine to be run by a sucky voice command suite!

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Microsoft-Curbs-Cortana-in-Windows-10-83445.html

So they want to "improve" Cortana by only letting her access a shit browser with an even shittier search engine that should've been killed off years ago?

How to get people not to give a fuck about your technologies, step one.

Ye ole' train

I saw something about this a few days ago. Didn't they say something about some functions of Cortana only working in edge?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

23 minutes ago, jasonr22 said:

Microsoft is restricting Cortana to be used exclusively with Microsoft Edge.  Althought they may have a point with...   "The continuity of these types of task completion scenarios is disrupted if Cortana can't depend on Bing as the search provider and Microsoft Edge as the browser."

Although it just seems that they are great company.  A sucky search engine to be run by a sucky voice command suite!

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Microsoft-Curbs-Cortana-in-Windows-10-83445.html

Repost my friend, please continue the discussion in the original thread though :)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)