Headphones for under €100 and maybe others

Alesek

Hi,

I am looking for new headphones for about €100 for gaming. Which one would you recommend as I am not looking for great sound quality as much as surround sound? I need to hear every footstep in csgo but I will probably never listen to music with them :) also is it necessary to buy DAC/AMP/sound cards? My integrated one is VIA VT2021. I read so many posts about this topic but I might be an idiot because it's getting me more confused.

I also have Asus xonar DX but it causes mic buzzing when it's in the pc even if I connect the mic to the integrated card so unless you have a suggestion on how else I should connect the mic, I can't use it.

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

That's a headset and I think I can get better quality headphones for that price

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

17 minutes ago, Alesek said:

That's a headset and I think I can get better quality headphones for that price

hd 518, they are open so they will leak sound, but they are also better than closed headphones for fps games because the soundstage is bigger.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

hd 518, they are open so they will leak sound, but they are also better than closed headphones for fps games because the soundstage is bigger.

I think I am gonna go for these. I have couple questions though... Is the "openness" a problem while using a mechanical keyboard, does it actually block any outside noise at all? also do I need to get a DAC/AMP/sound card to get better surround sound from them or is my integrated VIA VT2021 going to be enough?

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

8 minutes ago, Alesek said:

I think I am gonna go for these. I have couple questions though... Is the "openness" a problem while using a mechanical keyboard, does it actually block any outside noise at all? also do I need to get a DAC/AMP/sound card to get better surround sound from them or is my integrated VIA VT2021 going to be enough?

it dampens the sound a little not very much, I use a mech keyboard with mx blue and HE 560(headphones) they dampen the sound by 0.0001% and I don't have a problem, this is a very personal thing so I can't say if you would hate it or not. You don't need a dac and amp, I have made a post you could give a look in my signature.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

i guess ill see how they sound first. thank you for your help☺

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Do not get one of those 7.1 Surround sound audio headphones. They are not worth the money. Actually don't get any of those gaming headphones. I recommend getting a separate microphone for the video chat. I recommend getting a high quality headphones from Sennheisier, Shure, Audio Technica, or other audio brands. Still thought I use a earbud for gaming like the Shure SE215 because they give you pretty good isolation. Also headphones hurt after few hours of gaming but I don't know how intensive you play. If I were you I would listen to the guy at the top and get those headphones. Peace xD

That's what I did. They are on the way :)

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

3 hours ago, Alesek said:

That's what I did. They are on the way :)

Good to hear that. I hope you have fun with it. xD