Kraken G10 bracket worth it for me?

Trav_X

I'm gonna be running a Xeon with a tower CPU cooler (air). I've never experimented with water cooling, and btw my Xeon is the 1231v3. I'm probably going MATX And grabbing a SFF MATX case, and in this case, I was wondering if a Kraken G10 bracket plus like an H55 or X41 would be worth getting. Since I'd be going SFF, possibly even Itx, a blower style fan will be what I buy essentially. And would I see a good enough performance increase with the G10 that it's worth it?

and why does nobody put 240mm or 280mm radiators on a GPU? Does it change performance at all compared to a 120 when cooling GPU's? I'm just having some questions about the G10 :D thanks for any input you have from experience or knowledge.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

I have the G10 on a 390X and it's around 52c at max load with the X41. If you're going really sff it might not be able to accommodate an X41. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for the 750ti. Really only worth it if you have a higher end card and are struggling with temps. A 240mm rad won't have much improvement over a 140mm rad to justify the space. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

It might be. People never put 240 and 280 rads on graphics cards because they don't output as much heat as CPUs unless people are going for ridiculous 1.3+GHz OCs. I'd watercool the Xeon over watercooling the graphics card because the Xeon would definitely benefit from the liquid cooling more. Graphics cards with incredibly beefy heatsinks can dissipate their heat just fine (non reference models,) especially if you're overclocking. Simply put, I'd recommend that you get a liquid cooler for your Xeon first, then consider the G10 (or I also hear Corsair's bracket provides slightly better results) after the fact.

One last question: Are you going to keep your current 750 Ti or are you going to upgrade to something beefier?

My friend didn't realize until today that his graphics card was worth $1000

11 hours ago, afyeung said:

I have the G10 on a 390X and it's around 52c at max load with the X41. If you're going really sff it might not be able to accommodate an X41. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for the 750ti. Really only worth it if you have a higher end card and are struggling with temps. A 240mm rad won't have much improvement over a 140mm rad to justify the space. 

11 hours ago, Caminon said:

It might be. People never put 240 and 280 rads on graphics cards because they don't output as much heat as CPUs unless people are going for ridiculous 1.3+GHz OCs. I'd watercool the Xeon over watercooling the graphics card because the Xeon would definitely benefit from the liquid cooling more. Graphics cards with incredibly beefy heatsinks can dissipate their heat just fine (non reference models,) especially if you're overclocking. Simply put, I'd recommend that you get a liquid cooler for your Xeon first, then consider the G10 (or I also hear Corsair's bracket provides slightly better results) after the fact.

One last question: Are you going to keep your current 750 Ti or are you going to upgrade to something beefier?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'll probably be getting something like a 980Ti. But does the Xeon even benefit from watercooling? A 212X is perfectly fine for it, since it can't be OC'd. 

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

2 hours ago, Trav_X said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'll probably be getting something like a 980Ti. But does the Xeon even benefit from watercooling? A 212X is perfectly fine for it, since it can't be OC'd. 

980Ti will benefit a lot from a Kraken G10. My friend's OC'ed 980Ti got in the 45c range with that. Don't worry about the xeon. just get an air cooler like you suggested

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

14 hours ago, Caminon said:

GPUs don't output as much heat as CPUs?  So a 250w TDP Video card doesn't put out as much heat as a 77w CPU? You sure about that? 

To the OP, I would just grab a blower style fan and be done with it. While I like the G10, and have owned one before, I think it's not worth the hassle unless you plan on doing some heavy overclocking. Additionally, I have put a 240MM on my GPU, but the difference isn't much, because a 120mm is enough for most single GPUs.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal