So my GPU fans died

Garfieldus

Today both fans on my GTX 560Ti gave up so I had to DIY new cooling solution :D 

http://i.imgur.com/W9RoTpW.jpg

Temperatures are still bit hot so I'm thinking about exposing whole cooler by removing outer cover and failed fans. This GPU been really great for me and I plan to retire it with either 1080 or 980Ti later.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You know zip ties are a thing?

Sadly I don't have any at the moment and stores are already closed.

2 minutes ago, Garfieldus said:

Today both fans on my GTX 560Ti gave up so I had to DIY new cooling solution :D 

http://i.imgur.com/W9RoTpW.jpg

Temperatures are still bit hot so I'm thinking about exposing whole cooler by removing outer cover and failed fans. This GPU been really great for me and I plan to retire it with either 1080 or 980Ti later.

Remove the stock air cooler, and get a beefy CPU cooler ziptied onto it...

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Care to post some pictures for some more context? :P

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try the intel stock cooler on it. Just for fun see how it does.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

2 minutes ago, Garfieldus said:

Sadly I don't have any at the moment and stores are already closed.

D:

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Care to post some pictures for some more context? :P

Well there isn't much more context here, I took a front case fan and put it on top of 2 cigarette packs above the PSU so it could blow air on GPU :D 

It worked, GPU stopped overheating and shutting itself down but the temperatures on load are still ~90C so atm I'm in the process of removing MSI cover and failed fans from the cooler itself so I could get more air flowing through.

3 minutes ago, Garfieldus said:

Well there isn't much more context here, I took a front case fan and put it on top of 2 cigarette packs above the PSU so it could blow air on GPU :D 

It worked, GPU stopped overheating and shutting itself down but the temperatures on load are still ~90C so atm I'm in the process of removing MSI cover and failed fans from the cooler itself so I could get more air flowing through.

That would probably help. It might be fun making a cardboard shroud to direct airflow as well :)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

Try the intel stock cooler on it. Just for fun see how it does.

If I had a way to secure it to the GPU I would :D 

5 hours ago, Garfieldus said:

If I had a way to secure it to the GPU I would :D 

Three options for you:

1. Tape (these are in descending order of stupidity, btw)

2. Zip ties when you can get some

3. Don't do it

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

step 1 get rid of the new/extra crap. step 2 use the force

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W