Finishing my PC

dankmeister

I am a inexperienced PC builder because i'm building this PC to get into real PC gaming. I have all my parts but my CPU. I wanted to put together my PC before I got my CPU so it would be easier navigate. I noticed my case, H440, has wires that are suppose to go into the motherboard, but the motherboard does not have these slots for the wires. My motherboard is an ASROCK H97M. Should I be worried?

3 minutes ago, dankmeister said:

I am a inexperienced PC builder because i'm building this PC to get into real PC gaming. I have all my parts but my CPU. I wanted to put together my PC before I got my CPU so it would be easier navigate. I noticed my case, H440, has wires that are suppose to go into the motherboard, but the motherboard does not have these slots for the wires. My motherboard is an ASROCK H97M. Should I be worried?

Sincerely you could've spent a little less on the case and got a more reliable mobo than an ASROCK H97M

APU: AMD A10-7850K cooled by an NH-L12; PSU(going to upgrade sooner or later):  Antec VP450P;RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Savage 2133MHz; MOBO: Asus A68HM-Plus; CASE: Itek [something] ; HDD: WD Blue 1TB(WD10EZEX)

OS: Triple boot openSUSE Leap Debian Jessie and Windows 10(aka MSX)

5 minutes ago, carzacc said:

Sincerely you could've spent a little less on the case and got a more reliable mobo than an ASROCK H97M

Although the h440 is sooo gneiss and pretty

Its automatic, just press this button!

13 minutes ago, dankmeister said:

You dont have to worry about it.....your motherboard has those built in.....

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Can you read from labels which wires they are? If I remember right, that case has built-in fan controller. Which would mean that you should have power connector for those fans (SATA or molex) which goes to PSU and several male fan connectors where you connect fans. Or its fan hub which is same except having single female connector for mobo. You might also have two front panel audio connectors. One labeled AC'97 and another as HD Audio. I personally don't use neither so I don't know which one is better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

40 minutes ago, dankmeister said:

yes

throw it away

in all seriousness.

take a picture.

easier for us to tell what youre talking about

I use an H440 too so if you have any questions about that feel free to ask. The cables you are talking about are the power, reset, and front panel USB and audio. I basically guarantee that you have a power on/off (mobos would not sell if you had to short it every time) header on it, but I can see where some confusion might arise as it's a grouped header. Usually, this is located on the bottom of the motherboard and will be two rows of pins which may be labeled on the board or in the motherboard manual to tell you what they do. Two will be for the power, two for HDD LEDs, and some of the others will do other things. The USB headers looking at an asrock h97m board appear to also be along the bottom of the board (when mounted).

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

42 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

yes

throw it away

in all seriousness.

take a picture.

easier for us to tell what youre talking about

I will be posting pictures when I get home

8 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

I use an H440 too so if you have any questions about that feel free to ask. The cables you are talking about are the power, reset, and front panel USB and audio. I basically guarantee that you have a power on/off (mobos would not sell if you had to short it every time) header on it, but I can see where some confusion might arise as it's a grouped header. Usually, this is located on the bottom of the motherboard and will be two rows of pins which may be labeled on the board or in the motherboard manual to tell you what they do. Two will be for the power, two for HDD LEDs, and some of the others will do other things. The USB headers looking at an asrock h97m board appear to also be along the bottom of the board (when mounted).

I will be looking at the mobo and case when I get home. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, carzacc said:

I had bought the case long before I bought the mobo, but I should have bought a better motherboard :<

ASRock makes good boards. Please don't say you bought a bad board. 

It good board. It has everything need for a gaming build.

2 hours ago, dankmeister said:

I have this motherboard. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157512

I've seen this motherboard quite a bit before I bought it and it looks really reliable for it's price.

Yeah, they're all along the bottom of the board. The power header is that one (from squinting at the picture so could be wrong) under the chipset cooler (blue thing that says asrock on it) and going left from there are some USB headers. Consult the manual for what goes where!

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

The necessary information is in your mobo manual. At page 6 of the H97 Pro4 manual it shows you the layout of your mobo. The system panel header is in the lower right, at number 16.

The pinout diagram may be found on page 16.  The cables correspond to those pins, as follows:

9zdGjpB.jpg

Struggling with the murky pain-in-the-ass of pushing in cable leads from the case into the system header and getting it wrong (and having to mess with it some more to finally get it right) is a rite of passage in PC system building. If it is any consolation, it actually about the most difficult thing there is to do in terms of physically building a PC. The rest of it is more or less Lego for Grownups.

Welcome to the club.

It could be worse: just be thankful you have avoided the era where you were trying to push the nylon pins of an Intel stock CPU cooler into the holes of a 775 mobo and bending a pin and breaking your cooler. (AIO Corsair coolers are worth it just to avoid that pain in the ass aspect of system building with Core 2 Duos)