Urge to shoot film help me!

Lil Chillbil

So I was going to buy a zoom h1 for $100 then I come across this baby and I have been really wanting to shoot film (or at least just have a film camera and a few rolls) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-AE-1-Program-35mm-film-kit-/251344877133?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3a8552764d

I honestly think that this would be a waste of money

please someone talk me out of clicking buy it now or give me a reason to buy it 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Talk you out of it? Think about how many games you're giving up when the Steam winter sale rolls around.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

So I was going to buy a zoom h1 for $100 then I come across this baby and I have been really wanting to shoot film (or at least just have a film camera and a few rolls) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-AE-1-Program-35mm-film-kit-/251344877133?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3a8552764d

I honestly think that this would be a waste of money

please someone talk me out of clicking buy it now or give me a reason to buy it 

Whats your eBay account name? I will do my best.

Error: 410

Talk you out of it? Think about how many games you're giving up when the Steam winter sale rolls around.

That's almost enough, and the prospect of gta 5... 

#KilledMyWife 

As beautiful and timeless as the AE-1 is, it is probably not amazing when it comes to quality.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That's almost enough, and the prospect of gta 5... 

Well if you need a little more, it also happens to be a few grams of a little special green plant...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

As beautiful and timeless as the AE-1 is, it is probably not amazing when it comes to quality.

yeah, I just calculated the cost

80 for the camera

17 cents a shot

40 cents to develop each shot

thats a lot of games 

#KilledMyWife 

Well if you need a little more, it also happens to be a few grams of a little special green plant...

I love basil, I was just at the farmers market today 

#KilledMyWife 

yeah, I just calculated the cost

80 for the camera

17 cents a shot

40 cents to develop each shot

thats a lot of games 

Told ya.

Told ya.

Screw it I got a good DSLR I don't need to be messing around with this dinosaur crap I need to buy some games to make it thru the cold L.A winter 

#KilledMyWife 

Just use Instagram.

All the holga's shooting black and white film

tumblr_mae3hrH6sj1rnj4k2o1_500.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

I might be the only one to say go for it! I have a dslr with a stable of lenses but for the past year my main cameras have been film (leica/hasselblad). One myth many people have about film is that all shots look like a Holga or instagram shot. That's only true if you want it to be. I really like the film process as it really slows me down and makes me think about the shot and what the best composition should be. That said, you want a camera and lens in good condition for the new a st experience.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers