Corsair fans

BlueLightning

Can corsairs new fan line up (sp120s af120s and 140s) be powered by PWM?

Thread moved to Air Cooling.

Those are three pin fans, and therefore use voltage control, not PWM. Unless Corsair has PWM versions.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Thread moved to Air Cooling.

Those are three pin fans, and therefore use voltage control, not PWM. Unless Corsair has PWM versions.

So if my mobo has pwm and i have other fans that do should i just go to bios setttings and set it to (auto) instead of (pwm mode)?

Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-28-07.png

2 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

So if my mobo has pwm and i have other fans that do should i just go to bios setttings and set it to (auto) instead of (pwm mode)?

I guess just Auto. I've never mixed fan types together, as I use a separate fan controller for all of my fans.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There's a pwm version of one of the 120mm fans 

GPU: GTX 980 Matrix            CPU: I5 4690k           Case: Cosair 750D         Motherboard: Maximus vii formula            Memory: 4x4 gb hyperx fury           Storage: samsung 840 evo 256gb     

18 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Can corsairs new fan line up (sp120s af120s and 140s) be powered by PWM?

Dont' buy Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition !!! They aren't quiet :D Just to know tho..

On 5/2/2016 at 11:37 PM, SandroMK said:

Dont' buy Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition !!! They aren't quiet :D Just to know tho..

If they aren't quiet, what fans are?

AF120 QE's are quiet tier in my book. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1342-page9.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/2/2016 at 8:59 AM, SandroMK said:

I'm running them on 1500 rpm 

Well there's your problem. Lower the rpm then. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.