Corsair Utility Engine High CPU Usage

For some reason the corsair utility engine has been using like 16% of my cpu all the time (BTW it shouldn't, it's an i7 6700k). I have tried reinstalling, and updating but nothing happens. Any suggestions? 

cor.PNG

exit the utility engine when youre done changing settings

leaving it to run in the background just uses CPU unnecessarily 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

exit the utility engine when youre done changing settings

leaving it to run in the background just uses CPU unnecessarily 

I do exit it, but it still uses up about a quarter of my PC

Just now, partypanda64 said:

I do exit it, but it still uses up about a quarter of my PC

when you close the program the process does not end?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

when you close the program the process does not end?

yeah

6 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

yeah

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Yep, I said I did in the description

4 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

Yep, I said I did in the description

see if there is a newer version or older version you can try

may be some issue with windows 10, im hoping you did a clean install and not an upgrade

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

see if there is a newer version or older version you can try

may be some issue with windows 10, im hoping you did a clean install and not an upgrade

Yeah, my PC is brand new, only like a couple months old, running windows 10 pro

2 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

Yeah, my PC is brand new, only like a couple months old, running windows 10 pro

does this help at all?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152113

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Hey, guys, I don't know if you're still having this problem but if so, I found a solution! :D At least for me it was.

I have a Corsair Sabre RGB optical gaming mouse and I also had this issue with CUE using a lot of CPU time, so after fiddling inside the program, I found that what was causing this was the option "Enable SDK" on Settings > Program tab that was enabled. Just uncheck that option and it should do the trick :) I went from having constant 30% + CPU usage while idle to 3% or 4%

Screenshot_269.png

i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 MAX-Q | 16 GB DDR4 | SM961 NVMe SSD 256 GB |