Apple named in criminal lawsuit over Premier League–streaming app. TV Tycoons are seeking $3m in damages from Cupertino and hapless dev

xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt

Apple has been summoned to court in Thailand for approving an app which streams UK Premier League football games to an iPhone, in breach of the exclusive contract signed by local telly firm Cable Thai Holding.

CTH paid $300m for the exclusive rights to show chaps kicking a ball around a pitch on a Saturday afternoon, according to the Bangkok Post, and is pretty annoyed to see Apple creaming off 30 per cent of the $20 "Sport Channel HD app" - so has filed civil and criminal lawsuits against both Apple and the developer of the app.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/16/apple_in_court_over_premier_league_football_app/

$3 mill is pocket change, if they do fight it they will spend more on lawyers because they can.

Cry Havoc!

Not a big surprise. Apple patents anything close to what their products are like, even if they look similar. No ultrabook manufacterer can use the curved edges like on the macbook because apparently that's patented -.-

Not a big surprise. Apple patents anything close to what their products are like, even if they look similar. No ultrabook manufacterer can use the curved edges like on the macbook because apparently that's patented -.-

Did you even read the OP

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Did you even read the OP

Yes, I did....