Temps in CoreTemp are absurdly low after installing HWInfo

a2242364

I was at normal idle temps of around 30-35, but then after I installed HWInfo to mess around with, everything in CoreTemp shows my temps as 10-25 degrees C. How do I make it go back to showing me my real temps? I noticed that on HWInfo, there is my normal CPU temp of 30-35, but then another one called CPU 0, and it's showing the same 10-25 as on CoreTemp. http://imgur.com/a/4MGwI

AMD CPU temp readings are crap, they dont use a sensor they use an algorithm

so sometimes if the CPU is below 40C it will just give completely incorrect readings

its not actually at those temps

run a stress test, and when it heats up above 40C it should show the correct temps

so its ok because idle temps dont really matter, load temps do

just ignore the cpu temps when it shows numbers like that

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

AMD CPU temp readings are crap, they dont use a sensor they use an algorithm

so sometimes if the CPU is below 40C it will just give completely incorrect readings

its not actually at those temps

run a stress test, and when it heats up above 40C it should show the correct temps

so its ok because idle temps dont really matter, load temps do

just ignore the cpu temps when it shows numbers like that

the thing is, it was normal before. you can look at the imgur i posted, my normal readings are still in HWinfo, they just arent showing up on coretemp for some reason

3 minutes ago, a2242364 said:

the thing is, it was normal before. you can look at the imgur i posted, my normal readings are still in HWinfo, they just arent showing up on coretemp for some reason

did you check the options to show the temp for each core?

what happens if you dont have hwinfo on while you use coretemp?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

30 minutes ago, Enderman said:

did you check the options to show the temp for each core?

what happens if you dont have hwinfo on while you use coretemp?

same thing happens, it shows me super low temps. and i didnt check any options, they were just like that

3 minutes ago, a2242364 said:

same thing happens, it shows me super low temps. and i didnt check any options, they were just like that

youre making no sense

you first said that the normal readings are in HWinfo then you say coretemp is showing super low temps

what??

HWinfo and coretemp are showing the exact same temps, about 15C

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, Enderman said:

youre making no sense

you first said that the normal readings are in HWinfo then you say coretemp is showing super low temps

what??

HWinfo and coretemp are showing the exact same temps, about 15C

look at the picture on the bottom, i circled them both. one of them says 15c the other one is 34c, which i assume is supposed to be my actual reading. im asking why that temp isnt shown in core temp. or am i wrong and is that 34c reading not my actual temp at all?

30 minutes ago, a2242364 said:

look at the picture on the bottom, i circled them both. one of them says 15c the other one is 34c, which i assume is supposed to be my actual reading. im asking why that temp isnt shown in core temp. or am i wrong and is that 34c reading not my actual temp at all?

that temp that says 34C is not the CPU temp that is socket temp

that is the temp sensor underneath the motherboard socket

that is why it is under the "motherboard" category and not "CPU" category

core temp shows the CPU "CORE" temp, its right in the name

that is the temperature reading from the CPU's temp algorithm

which is screwed up a lot of the time for AMD CPUs

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

that temp that says 34C is not the CPU temp that is socket temp

that is the temp sensor underneath the motherboard socket

that is why it is under the "motherboard" category and not "CPU" category

core temp shows the CPU "CORE" temp, its right in the name

that is the temperature reading from the CPU's temp algorithm

which is screwed up a lot of the time for AMD CPUs

I see now. Thing that's still bothering me is that it was literally working up until I installed HWinfo. Idk what triggered it exactly.

8 minutes ago, a2242364 said:

I see now. Thing that's still bothering me is that it was literally working up until I installed HWinfo. Idk what triggered it exactly.

you sure? maybe its always been like this at idle and you never checked the temps at idle?

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you sure? maybe its always been like this at idle and you never checked the temps at idle?

nah im pretty sure cause i installed my hyper evo 212 this morning and made sure the temps were good on CoreTemp. they were at a stable 30-35, but then after I installed hwinfo, thats when i saw these weird low numbers. im sure of it.