FBI could hack anonymous computers, regardless of their physical location.

Link81
2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Not any worse then executing innocent people outside their jurisdiction. 

Yeah, well, the (all) government does a lot of illegal shit that they're not supposed to. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah, well, the (all) government does a lot of illegal shit that they're not supposed to. 

You do have to admit the US maybe a teensy bit more than others..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

I don't want you to feel ganged up on.  I know you probably don't care much about that though.

I used the term "we" in a previous post, I should not have.  I simply want to understand why you think the way you do.  I am not trying to change it, just push you to express your viewpoint.

Have a good week-end!

dont worry about it man, eveyone can be hatin on me and ill gladly reply in a friendly mannor i am not the one to get all mad (most of the time) and freak out and feel like i need to leave.(even when i should :P)

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And, of course, you do realize that by not being allowed to speak your mind a lot of controversial stories will never hit the news and the news you'll be getting will be JUST what the government wants you to know about and not what's actually going on....

Is it not easier to disagree with something like this rather than just accepting it and deciding to leave if it turns out to become abused? And I don't mean that you have to fight back or protest against a decision like this...but you also don't have to be happy about it either and accept it as being okay -- which is what you're doing here. This news sounds terrible to me, but I'm not going to do anything about it. 

i fully understand, im what my old metals teacher would call a weekend warrior "you have other people do it for you becase you dont want to" so yes in a sense but i am not ashamed, i know there will always be people fighting against things like this and yes good for them i understand that the more people to join them the better the outcome. but im just concerned with what i want to do in life and if that is not directly affect i don't care about what is going on.

and the thing is im more of a background person, i love to help people (so disagreeing with this might be counter productive) but if there is an issue that i feel strongly about instead of my going out and protesting ill contribute funds to the protesters campaign to help them out with their cause, i used what i have in life to help others that dont have it, one thing i have is money and money can do a lot.

6 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

You have countries like Canada/Australia/England/etc... -- which seem more like they just exist and let other countries do the dirty work (although that's obviously not entirely accurate). Then you have countries like the middle east/Russia/China/etc... where everything is basically legal as long as the government wants to do it. And then you have the US where the government wants to do everything, even though it may or may not be legal, but they do it anyway. 

So, I think it's partly because the US is one of the world's super powers, and unlike most of the others, the government isn't in complete control and able to do whatever they want (legally). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Have to use others words don't you buddy

Cause using someone else's words means your opinion doesn't matter.

Lets just destroy and not use anymore quotes for anything.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

6 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I think Brazil and North Korea are the worst lol.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

You have countries like Canada/Australia/England/etc... -- which seem more like they just exist and let other countries do the dirty work (although that's obviously not entirely accurate). Then you have countries like the middle east/Russia/China/etc... where everything is basically legal as long as the government wants to do it. And then you have the US where the government wants to do everything, even though it may or may not be legal, but they do it anyway. 

So, I think it's partly because the US is one of the world's super powers, and unlike most of the others, the government isn't in complete control and able to do whatever they want (legally). 

is it safe to say the US just wants to look good even tho its intentions might not be?

You have countries like Canada/Australia/England/etc... -- which seem more like they just exist and let other countries do the dirty work. Then you have countries like the middle east/Russia/China/etc... where everything is basically legal as long as the government wants to do it. And then you have the US where the government wants to do everything, even though it may or may not be legal, but they do it anyway. 

Can you reword that I am not following.

Just now, Ramamataz said:

I think Brazil and North Korea are the worst lol.

Brazil and North Korea dont bomb other countries, execute their citizens, destroy their infrastructure, steal their natural resources, put in place puppet governments and say it is to make the other countries freer.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Brazil and North Korea dont bomb other countries, execute their citizens, destroy their infrastructure, steal their natural resources, put in place puppet governments and say it is to make the other countries freer.

The US just seems to do more illegal shit since more stuff is actually illegal whereas in other countries in a similar position (china for example) more of the stuff is considered legal. 

It also doesn't help that the US tends to get more involved in the rest of the world than the likes of China/Russia/NK and so by shear volume of activity the US is bound to do more "wrong" things. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

The US just seems to do more illegal shit since more stuff is actually illegal whereas in other countries in a similar position (china for example) more of the stuff is considered legal. 

I am talking outside of their borders using international law instead of local law.

Just now, thekeemo said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS NORTH KOREA IS THE WORST PLACE EVER.

Have you not seen the news? They been trying to launch rockets to the south and eventually did hit a south korean sub.

The "Citizens" of North Korea are completely brainwashed as kids, because Kim Jung Shit and his family decided to essentially make themselves as gods. You can only get certain government approved haircuts, government approved radios that you can't turn off by the way. T.V that is of course censored by the government. Propaganda against americans for no apparent reason other than simply making sure the " Citizens" aren't trying to leave anywhere else.

Brazil government is full of corruption too. While I agree that our U.S government is a little retarded, its not the absolute worst either

Just now, Ramamataz said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS NORTH KOREA IS THE WORST PLACE EVER.

Have you not seen the news? They been trying to launch rockets to the south and eventually did hit a south korean sub.

The "Citizens" of North Korea are completely brainwashed as kids, because Kim Jung Shit and his family decided to essentially make themselves as gods. You can only get certain government approved haircuts, government approved radios that you can't turn off by the way. T.V that is of course censored by the government. Propaganda against americans for no apparent reason other than simply making sure the " Citizens" aren't trying to leave anywhere else.

Brazil government is full of corruption too. While I agree that our U.S government is a little retarded, its not the absolute worst either

Look at the bigger picture.

North Korea and Brazil (Brazil is actually fairly normal when it comes to our planet but anyway) the bad is contained within their own borders. Unlike with a country like the USA which makes life hell for many many countries (including Brazil).

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

North Korea and Brazil (Brazil is actually fairly normal when it comes to our planet but anyway) the bad is contained within their own borders. Unlike with a country like the USA which makes life hell for many many countries (including Brazil).

So it would be better if I pressed destroy humanity button then.

3 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

So it would be better if I pressed destroy humanity button then.

100%

Remember the "bad" guy in Kingsmen? He makes a really good point if you think about it. Don't agree with his selection of humans and method of execution however.

thank god im not american.

@GreezyJeezy

you have to think bigger. noone cares about you as a single person.

think about the journalists and whistleblowers, the lawyes and doctors.

the people that do important work and could be affected by this.

Just now, apm said:

thank god im not american.

@GreezyJeezy

you have to think bigger. noone cares about you as a single person.

think about the journalists and whistleblowers, the lawyes and doctors.

the people that do important work and could be affected by this.

well i am not them am i? i care about the people who have no roof over their head, not the people who leak government secrets. yes i get that but thats just not something that concerns me.

18 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

idk man have you seen all the brazilian videos on liveleak? thats shits crazy. on duty cops killing his wife becase she's cheating on him then killing a man who came to see what happened, and the cop cutting a gang tattoo off a guy's leg with his knife.

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

idk man have you seen all the brazilian videos on liveleak? thats shits crazy. on duty cops killing his wife becase she's cheating on him then killing a man who came to see what happened, and the cop cutting a gang tattoo off a guy's leg with his knife.

Yes. The world is fucked up.

9 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

It's good tho, they can gel

stop crime, I don't care if the go cement can get in my computer and control it because I have nothing to hide. If it can help find bad guys then do it, why would I care if they can see my shit. I live an honest life and I'd happily show them my computer if they knocked on my door with no warrant.

they wouldn't ask permission, so they wouldn't knock on your door. the analogy you are looking for is: "comes in through your kitchen door, snoops about then exits." this is not ok. you seem to think it is.

if they asked, thats one thing. if they do not, that is another. ask me, if i say yes (warrantless) proceed. if I say no? well maybe I have something to hide, so.. get a warrant? why is that so difficult? because you can't stop crime BEFORE it happens? thats crazy talk, stopping crime BEFORE it happens? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! or have we discovered magic?

7 minutes ago, Katorice said:

they wouldn't ask permission, so they wouldn't knock on your door. the analogy you are looking for is: "comes in through your kitchen door, snoops about then exits." this is not ok. you seem to think it is.

if they asked, thats one thing. if they do not, that is another. ask me, if i say yes (warrantless) proceed. if I say no? well maybe I have something to hide, so.. get a warrant? why is that so difficult? because you can't stop crime BEFORE it happens? thats crazy talk, stopping crime BEFORE it happens? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! 

you can stop it before it happens to a point, i know what you mean, but you can if someone is telling someone how to  make a bomb and to go blow something up and you catch it you can stop it (like that kid who was told over PSN now to do that) and before he kills people you can stop it, but that crime was not committed so you really didnt stop it because it has to happen to stop it (atleast  i think thats what you mean by it) so let's change it to this. you can prevent it.  

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

all i do is live my life, get paid and have fun, and i won't care until the government makes it so i cant do that, them remotely accessing my computer won't change that, hell they could moniter me 24/7 and still wouldn't change that so who am i to care. and fore you say im selfish well im really not.

The whole point of privacy is a protective layer from the "we can't f*ck with you unless we have a damned good reason" and "we can do whatever the f*ck we want". It's like having a bipolar cop right outside your door. Keep the door shut, you are all good. Open the door, now he can f*ck with you. He may not, but he can and his service record is less than stellar.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to keep the door closed.

Whenever a state strips down privacy, innocent people suffer. As a citizen who chooses to do nothing, you are guilty of complicity. You live in a world that would only exist because of the right to privacy yet you choose to do nothing to defend it because it *probably* won't effect you. F*ck the good people trying to make a difference. F*ck the innocent people who will inevitably suffer. F*ck those who make it so I can live a life worth living.

Complicity and apathy. The only two things that bring democracies to their knees.

edit- it was at this point Admiral Naismith realized, he takes this sh*t too seriously for a tech forum. Sorry for getting all roweled up about this. Apathy just rustles my jimmies.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

5 minutes ago, Admiral Naismith said:

The whole point of privacy is a protective layer from the "we can't f*ck with you unless we have a damned good reason" and "we can do whatever the f*ck we want". It's like having a bipolar cop right outside your door. Keep the door shut, you are all good. Open the door, now he can f*ck with you. He may not, but he can and his service record is less than stellar.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to keep the door closed.

Also, yes, you are being a bit selfish. Whenever a state strips down privacy, innocent people suffer. As a citizen who chooses to do nothing, you are guilty of complicity. You live in a world that would only exist because of the right to privacy yet you choose to do nothing to defend it because it *probably* won't effect you. F*ck the good people trying to make a difference. F*ck the innocent people who will inevitably suffer. F*ck those who make it so I can live a life worth living.

Complicity and apathy. The only two things that bring democracies to their knees. You're exercising both.

how will the innocent suffer from their computer being remotely accessed? 

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

how will the innocent suffer from their computer being remotely accessed? 

I got too deep into this considering the context. I got off topic and really just started venting about the general public's apathy toward the increasing authoritarian attitudes of the government. Sorry man...

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Just now, Admiral Naismith said:

I got too deep into this considering the context. I got off topic and really just started venting about the general public's apathy toward the increasing authoritarian attitudes of the government. Sorry man...

i get it i got off topic and talked about nike sweatshops. i mean i understand there is a limit, im saying to me remotely accessing a computer is fine and should be be a big deal to the people who have noting illegal on it or have not used it for illegal dealings. now if it was a law passing saying police can now barge in your house unannounced and search and or pull you over for no reason (well they can already do that) and search your car without consent then yes id have a problem, would i go out and protest? no. but would i support them in others ways if possible? yes i would.

but if it was like oh if you have illegal music then we will arrest you, well i wouldn't like that for other reasons such as are tax payer money going to house people who didnt want to spend $1.29 for a song.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i get it i got off topic and talked about nike sweatshops. i mean i understand there is a limit, im saying to me remotely accessing a computer is fine and should be be a big deal to the people who have noting illegal on it or have not used it for illegal dealings. now if it was a law passing saying police can now barge in your house unannounced and search and or pull you over for no reason (well they can already do that) and search your car without consent then yes id have a problem, would i go out and protest? no. but would i support them in others ways if possible? yes i would.

but if it was like oh if you have illegal music then we will arrest you, well i wouldn't like that for other reasons such as are tax payer money going to house people who didnt want to spend $1.29 for a song.

I'd be concerned about people within the law enforcement accessing computers remotely for personal purposes, such as with NSA employees exploiting PRISM to spy on significant others 

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions