Secret new PAX video?

vanished
Go to solution Solved by vanished,
4 hours ago, Go_On_Shadow said:

Hey guys! its up now! just popped up in my subbox

Yeah it looks like they realized they made a huge mistake and took it down to change "silent" to "speed" in the title and throughout

so I just got this in my email, like any time Linus uploads a new video:

Capture.PNG

The link is to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG1ko5phIKA&feature=em-uploademail

But it is private... what's going on!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It's not unrealistic for people to upload videos, and then publish them as "Private" or "Unlisted." What could have occurred is that during the video upload, whoever was uploading it accidentally hit publish before setting the dropdown menu to Private instead of Public.

What I don't get is cherry's marketing for these switches. I've seen four names from different people covering them so far -

Grey

Silver

Speed

and now Silent?

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

6 minutes ago, squirrl said:

What I don't get is cherry's marketing for these switches. I've seen four names from different people covering them so far -

Grey

Silver

Speed

and now Silent?

they are mx silvers, they are called speed sometimes because of the actuation point, they are not silent, corsair has been doing those for a little while now. some people just think they are grey, not silver. 

I hope that explains it for you

6 minutes ago, ColoradoJones12 said:

they are mx silvers, they are called speed sometimes because of the actuation point, they are not silent, corsair has been doing those for a little while now. some people just think they are grey, not silver. 

Yeah I had a look at this which looks like cherry marketing slides and saw "speed silvers". It's not really that i don't understand what they are, it's that people should be more consistent with coverage :P

http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/92273-cherry-mx-speed-launched-the-fastest-mechanical-mx-switch/

6cee90a5-2a8e-4555-b939-0b7b2e554cde.jpg

292fdcd9-200c-49dd-b393-e02b868d93b1.jpg

Although actually looking into it they are most definitely these that are covered in this video:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/strafe-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-silent

:P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

4 minutes ago, ColoradoJones12 said:

Now please explain why cherry and Corsair are popping out new switches like rabbits fornicating but RGB Blues remain unavailable. Seriously, Cherry, where are they all going?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I just felt like I needed somthing here

4 hours ago, Go_On_Shadow said:

Yeah it looks like they realized they made a huge mistake and took it down to change "silent" to "speed" in the title and throughout

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.