More confirmed information on AMD's Hawaii!

brownninja97

Some more information which seems old but now its confirmed to well yay. Sorry nvidia, your cooler might be nice but your done.

AMD-Hawaii-GPU.jpg << That is the Hawaii chip, it looks very normal

http://videocardz.com/45837/amd-hawaii-gpu-2816-stream-processors

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hmm

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

Already posted, please use search function.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I did, I spent 10 minutes searching around.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So it have 2800 stream processors, it consumes 300w it have 512-bit mem bus, it have everything, but it is only 5% faster than TITAN, something is not right....

So it have 2800 stream processors, it consumes 300w it have 512-bit mem bus, it have everything, but it is only 5%faster than TITAN, something is not right....

Look at the memory clock, 400mhz slower.

Listen if you care.

Just testing you.. Move along :P

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The article came out 10 minutes ago.

Listen if you care.

So it have 2800 stream processors, it consumes 300w it have 512-bit mem bus, it have everything, but it is only 5% faster than TITAN, something is not right....

maybe drvers aint ready yet ? :S

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Use google and add site:linustechtips.com after what you're searching.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Use google and add site:linustechtips.com after what you're searching.

Thats what I do, if its already here then link me as i wasnt able to find it.

Listen if you care.

What dumb fuck wrote the specs, how are you saying that all those cards have same mem. bandwidth if the 'hawaii' theoretically has 512bit bus? why the fuck would they try to squish a wider bus into a card if it doesn't bring more memory bandwidth than older cards? wtf?

My eyes popped out then returned back. 512-bit?!?! That's massive yet unreal. Looking at the Mem Clock, it just seems so wrong. I know how AMD tends to have lower mem clocks on it's cards but I don't see why they don't raise it...

The article came out 10 minutes ago.

I'm sure I've seen the picture somewhere...

If that's the case lets not forget:

5% faster, 40% cheaper

Now obviously that statement is flawed because we don't know both how much faster it truly is and how cheap it will actually be, however, based on what we know, I'd say it's still a beast..

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

I'm sure I've seen the picture somewhere...

It might be a leaked picture from a while ago but now that its confirmed its used more.

Listen if you care.

Thats what I do, if its already here then link me as i wasnt able to find it.

I was just saying to use it until the search bar is fixed, I've been offline for a bit so I don't know if it was or not.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If that's the case lets not forget:

5% faster, 40% cheaper

Now obviously that statement is flawed because we don't know both how much faster it truly is and how cheap it will actually be, however, based on what we know, I'd say it's still a beast..

Knowing AMD we are likely to get 20 games or something crazy like that for buying it.

Listen if you care.

It might be a leaked picture from a while ago but now that its confirmed its used more.

Great. NOOW *ziiiip* dat 512-bit bus....

I expected it to be a "little" faster than the Titan and no more, thats what they do...

A Small Incremental performance gain over the competition.

Just like the last gen, and the gen before that.

I'm looking forward to it, and have no complaints, but its just the way the world works.

Their price to performance seems great, but I didnt expect it to be much faster than titan.

PITA - I have a 7950 @ 7970, Mobo is Xfire capable...would rather a single gpu of course....

So price dropped 7950's would be the best bet with frame pacing as far as cost goes...

But goddamn I want their best single gpu anyways right...

So its grab another 7950 for (probably $250 soon), or sell my existing and pony up the cash for better single gpu performance..

What would you do.?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Great. NOOW *ziiiip* dat 512-bit bus....

In the future in 2050 we will be pissed that it only has a 1million bit bus.

Listen if you care.

I expected it to be a "little" faster than the Titan and no more, thats what they do...

A Small Incremental performance gain over the competition.

Just like the last gen, and the gen before that.

I'm looking forward to it, and have no complaints, but its just the way the world works.

Their price to performance seems great, but I didnt expect it to be much faster than titan.

If only they could do the 3870 again, that was crazy back in the day.

Listen if you care.

In the future in 2050 we will be pissed that it only has a 1million bit bus.

How much memory can 512 buses support?

If only they could do the 3870 again, that was crazy back in the day.

6467-amd3870gx2.jpg

...this...is....sexy...and....nostalgic...

Dat is sexy, I have one of those coolers still sitting in a box (from a 4870) I believe...

Maybe slightly different in looks, but damn close.

How much memory can 512 buses support?

Depends on how many seats for storage the Bus has? :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz