More confirmed information on AMD's Hawaii!

brownninja97

I expected it to be a "little" faster than the Titan and no more, thats what they do...

A Small Incremental performance gain over the competition.

Just like the last gen, and the gen before that.

I'm looking forward to it, and have no complaints, but its just the way the world works.

Their price to performance seems great, but I didnt expect it to be much faster than titan.

PITA - I have a 7950 @ 7970, Mobo is Xfire capable...would rather a single gpu of course....

So price dropped 7950's would be the best bet with frame pacing as far as cost goes...

But goddamn I want their best single gpu anyways right...

So its grab another 7950 for (probably $250 soon), or sell my existing and pony up the cash for better single gpu performance..

What would you do.?

Get the 2nd 7950. Price of the new card will probably be pretty high over here in Aus, but then again 7950 (the cheapest one I can find) is on PCCG for $279 + $15ish postage, thats close to $300. I'd probably get the 7950 for now because those two cards will last you a while but that's just my take on it..

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Two cards will last you a while but that's just my take on it..

That was my take on it too,... I don't play a lot of games, but when I do I like it with bells n whistles on.

I'm probably overkilling my needs, but I think ^ is the right way to go... thanks for the input.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

That was my take on it too,... I don't play a lot of games, but when I do I like it with bells n whistles on.

I'm probably overkilling my needs, but I think ^ is the right way to go... thanks for the input.

SLI/Crossfire always looks good in builds ;)

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

SLI/Crossfire always looks good in builds ;)

Unless its an amd reference cooler.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Non Reference. 

I have a side panel with two fan mounts, going to be sucking air OUT of the case due to my WF3 7950 outputting air right up against those fan spots.

Single card right now has a bottom side panel fan blowing air IN at the moment.. Adding another and Swapping it around for Xfire.

Anyways thats enough off topic.

Onto the New GPU's...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Unless its an amd reference cooler.

True! Those plactic shroud never look that good...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So it have 2800 stream processors, it consumes 300w it have 512-bit mem bus, it have everything, but it is only 5% faster than TITAN, something is not right....

Drivers aren't mature at all obviously. Give it time

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!