Investing in a Power Supply

ImmyCakes

I'm Looking into making a new computer in the near future and I was wondering if I should spend some more money on a decent power supply, or if I should just get a power supply that can just get the job done. For me, power efficiency is not a major concern. So besides from efficiency, what else does a more expensive power supply bring to the table?  

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

1 minute ago, ImmyCakes said:

I'm Looking into making a new computer in the near future and I was wondering if I should spend some more money on a decent power supply, or if I should just get a power supply that can just get the job done. For me, power efficiency is not a major concern. So besides from efficiency, what else does a more expensive power supply bring to the table?  

Welcome to the Forum!

You should always buy a power supply that can deliver a decent amount more than what you need, and one that will last, and one that when it does go, will go safely and won't take anything with it.

Sig under construction.

2 minutes ago, ImmyCakes said:

Specs?

2 minutes ago, ImmyCakes said:

A more expensive power supply performs better electrically, is safer to run in your system, often has more features like a quieter fan and modularity and better cables, and is generally worth it up to a point.

If you want a good modular unit that should power nearly any system then the awesome EVGA B2 750W is going to work well for you, although it is 70 USD and I don't exactly know how that translates in the Swedish market.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 minutes ago, ImmyCakes said:

Welcome to forum, good power supplies include:

BRANDS:

XFX

SuperFlower

SeaSonic

Antec

SilverStone

Lines from other brands:

EVGA G2, P2

things to never get:

Corsair CX series. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire.