Skylake i7-6700K

Hello there

I would like to ask if my i7-6700k processor will bottleneck a Radeon HD 5870 https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EAH58702DIS1GD5V2/

Mainly why I'm asking this question is because I am not very familiar with bottlenecks etc, and I don't know if my CPU or GPU could get damaged in anyway

Why HD 5870? Because I already own this card and I'm planning on buying all the stuff without new GPU because lack of money so I would use the Radeon for couple of months before buying a gtx 970 or gtx 980ti

No, you are a-ok.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

no it wont bottleneck

also in a few months you will be able to get pascal or polaris GPUs which will be better than a 970 or 980ti

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

also in a few months you will be able to get pascal or polaris GPUs which will be better than a 970 or 980ti

but more money. for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years you will be able to play any game with a 6700k and a 970. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

1 minute ago, FatPenguin said:

but more money. for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years you will be able to play any game with a 6700k and a 970. 

uh, no, they will be the same price

if GPU prices went up every generation then we would be paying $5000 for a GTX750 based on how long nvidia has been making GPUs...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

uh, no, they will be the same price

if GPU prices went up every generation then we would be paying $5000 for a GTX750 based on how long nvidia has been making GPUs...

Really? i've sorta been living under a rock for technology for the past couple months. Someone told me that the 1070 and 1080 would be more expensive than the 970 and 980

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

4 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

Really? i've sorta been living under a rock for technology for the past couple months. Someone told me that the 1070 and 1080 would be more expensive than the 970 and 980

no

gtx10 launch prices will pretty much be identical to the 970 and 980 launch prices

+-$50

of course used 970s or 980tis will be cheaper though, but i mean if you have the money to get a 900 new, you may as well get a gtx1000 new

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

no

gtx10 launch prices will pretty much be identical to the 970 and 980 launch prices

+-$50

That's suprising, considering the  cost necessary to design a whole new architecture and line of cards.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

no

+-$50

of course used 970s or 980tis will be cheaper though, but i mean if you have the money to get a 900 new, you may as well get a gtx1000 new

oh wow thanks bro. maybe i'll just wait and but a 1070 when they come out!! 

2 minutes ago, FatPenguin said:

oh wow thanks bro. maybe i'll just wait and but a 1070 when they come out!! 

just remember that most likely thousands of people will also be trying to buy them, and when stock gets low or out the prices will get really high until new stock arrives

so dont overspend just because of low stock ;)

Spoiler