Windows sucks

Inverted_Walrus

So I've been getting really annoyed at Windows and how bad it is all the time. I have an amazing computer and it's garbage because of Windows. What I want is an operating system that has all the games on steam that Windows has, but not Windows. 

please, define problems.

Im geniouly interested in what you might encounter.

Although I admit that windows is quite shite, being in a position where I more and more need to use specialized software that is, A) mac or linux only or B) cross platform but shit on windows.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

The problem is OSX is very VERY proprietary and Linux is not very good at running games.

I too would like to know what problems you're having with Windows because I seem to be one of the very few people here that likes Windows (not Vista or 8)

44 minutes ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

So I've been getting really annoyed at Windows and how bad it is all the time. I have an amazing computer and it's garbage because of Windows. What I want is an operating system that has all the games on steam that Windows has, but not Windows. 

What problems are you having?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

48 minutes ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

Yeah it kinda does. But describe your issues.

And you swallow

i know its shite, but you cant really play any games on linux and i never used linux

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14 hours ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

no other OS supports the games and programs that windows supports, and when there are ways around they are fiddly and not reliable

Not really sure what problems you could be having to make it THAT bad ALL the time, honestly I never notice windows 99% of the time, I just open the program/browser I want and forget what platform I am on

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

15 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

Don’t support DirectX, as it’s likely never coming to any OS other than Windows. Support OpenGL, and more importantly support Vulkan – support open formats and standards instead of corporate backbones filled with controlling fluids. You can make a statement to Microsoft and (arguably more importantly) to their competitors that you want to see alternatives to their closed ecosystem.

You're implying that DirectX is the source of the issue yet the original post is so ambiguous that it would almost be deemed as illogical. Stop that; when a person states that there is something wrong with "software X" yet gives no information on it, then it is the job of those who are willing to delve into these kinds of things to question and scrutinize the subject until more logical information is given. Don't just jump to conclusions and inadvertently start circle jerking upon a competitive product. Sure, Vulkan is awesome but there are still flaws to Vulkan as there are DirectX; all forms of software have and will continue to have issues that can be patched, but never fixed; it's just the way of technology. Again, the original post is filled with ambiguity and lacks tangible information so don't just jump to conclusions or else you're just posting just for shits and giggles.

16 hours ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

Moving to you now, if you are having problems with your operating system then please do tell us what is wrong with said OS. There are people on this site who want to help those with tech related issues or just want to talk about various subject, however; they don't appreciate it when someone post something ambiguous on this site and expect everyone to know what they're talking about. Remember there are those who actually have a profession in technology and have very specific ways of solving issues yet get quite frustrated when people can't seem to state the issues they're having with any clarity. Just keep that in mind when requesting help on something.

23 hours ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

What I want is an operating system that has all the games on steam that Windows has, but not Windows. 

Does not exists.

Steam libery has allot of linux supported games nowdays.

But its still only a small number of total games.

Allthoug linux as a daily driver is great.

But it might be a hassle if you jump on it as an all time windows user.

But overall you can get used to it pretty quickly.

I run several linux distro´s.

Yes. I agree with you. Windows is shit.

I'd rather write my documents with a pen and paper and search my things from a dictionary rather than using Wikipedia.

Why do you complain about Windows when you could complain about people starving in Africa. (And not trying to say that they should eat Windows.)

Plot twist: Windows is actually shit.

King of Off Topic.

3 minutes ago, Merc. said:

Yes. I agree with you. Windows is shit.

I'd rather write my documents with a pen and paper and search my things from a dictionary rather than using Wikipedia.

Why do you complain about Windows when you could complain about people starving in Africa. (And not trying to say that they should eat Windows.)

Plot twist: Windows is actually shit.

Windows10 in particular is a pile of crap indeed yes.

Right my problems are; a lot. I'll only go through some of them cause there is a list longer than the amount of you should jokes on these forums. The first is a failure connecting to the internet pretty much every time I boot the computer. Although it is doing much much better now it is still a large annoyance. The problem that pushed me to posting this topic was the xbox app. I hate xbox but all my friends have them so the xbox app in windows 10 is useful for voice chat while they're on xbox and I'm on PC. But every time I try to join a party it says "network error" or something. I searched through the internet for over 3 hours for the solution. Never found anything that worked. I tried disabling certain drivers, updating drivers, opening and closing ports, reinstalling the app, and many many many more. Back onto the internet problems, there is a constant issue with internet speeds. I have 40mbps down speeds which sometimes don't work. If run a speed test (if I can load the web page) it sometimes jump starts the wifi to get back up to the full 40mbps. I know its a windows error because if I run speed tests on any other device it works fine. There are many more but I'll end it here.

21 minutes ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

Right my problems are; a lot. I'll only go through some of them cause there is a list longer than the amount of you should jokes on these forums. The first is a failure connecting to the internet pretty much every time I boot the computer. Although it is doing much much better now it is still a large annoyance.

This might be a dying network card or corrupted drivers. What WiFi card do you have? 

I had an issue where my internet would have massive ping spikes unless I reinstalled the driver for my wifi card everytime I booted. Now I'm pretty sure this is just a quirk of my system, but after a refresh (or whatever it's called, it's the thing where it keeps all your files, but uninstalls all your programs but reinstalls the OS) of Windows, it was fixed.

ASU

51 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

This might be a dying network card or corrupted drivers. What WiFi card do you have? 

I had an issue where my internet would have massive ping spikes unless I reinstalled the driver for my wifi card everytime I booted. Now I'm pretty sure this is just a quirk of my system, but after a refresh (or whatever it's called, it's the thing where it keeps all your files, but uninstalls all your programs but reinstalls the OS) of Windows, it was fixed.

This is my brand new computer with a brand new network card and fresh drivers so it should be fine. It's a tp-link network card. I think it's an archer T8E or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Inverted_Walrus said:

This is my brand new computer with a brand new network card and fresh drivers so it should be fine. It's a tp-link network card. I think it's an archer T8E or something like that. 

That's the card i have. The windows refresh fixed things for me, but reinstalling the drivers is a good temporary fix. 

ASU

Well, all I'm going to say is that this isn't a Windows issue, rather an issue with third party things.