New software still running great on 8 year old hardware

I remember when somone told me your computer gets outdated every 3 years and yet since the majority of software developers are starting to develop their software to be able to run on really low end tablet/ultranthin laptop processors it really is starting to defeat the purpose of having the latest and greatest when it comes to processors because I can still run a 8 year old Dell desktop with a 3.0ghz Core 2 Duo and 6gb of ram as my daily driver with it able to run the majority of the games I play (being World of Tanks, War Thunder, and World of Warcraft) just fine and also still being fast enough for me to browse the web without me noticing the difference in webpage loading and smoothness of scrolling and navigating the webpage compared to my main desktop that has a core i5 4690k and 10gb of ram, yes the core i5 machine is going to be able to max out most of the games I play with a 750ti GPU but I still notice no difference when browsing the web and running stuff like word programs and skype

3 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I remember when somone told me your computer gets outdated every 3 years and yet since the majority of software developers are starting to develop their software to be able to run on really low end tablet/ultranthin laptop processors it really is starting to defeat the purpose of having the latest and greatest when it comes to processors because I can still run a 8 year old Dell desktop with a 3.0ghz Core 2 Duo and 6gb of ram as my daily driver with it able to run the majority of the games I play (being World of Tanks, War Thunder, and World of Warcraft) just fine and also still being fast enough for me to browse the web without me noticing the difference in webpage loading and smoothness of scrolling and navigating the webpage compared to my main desktop that has a core i5 4690k and 10gb of ram, yes the core i5 machine is going to be able to max out most of the games I play with a 750ti GPU but I still notice no difference when browsing the web and running stuff like word programs and skype

you can skype and do word on a pentium 4. 

Just now, manikyath said:

i tried skype on an athlon 64 once, it worked... it just did NOT like video calls xD

LOL

11 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

my main desktop that has a core i5 4690k and 10gb of ram, yes the core i5 machine is going to be able to max out most of the games I play with a 750ti GPU

Wait... You have a 4690k with a 750 ti? Why?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i tried skype on an athlon 64 once, it worked... it just did NOT like video calls xD

i play minecraft on an Athlon 64 x2  the cpu apperanlty bottlenecked an 8800 gt

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

5 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Wait... You have a 4690k with a 750 ti? Why?

I first had a pentium g3258 and I upgraded to the i5 last Christmas I just haven't saved enough to upgrade the GPU yet

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

I first had a pentium g3258 and I upgraded to the i5 last Christmas I just haven't saved enough to upgrade the GPU yet

Oh okay. I thought you built it that way from the get go. Haha.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i play minecraft on an Athlon 64 x2  the cpu apperanlty bottlenecked an 8800 gt

I got minecraft to run on the same CPU for my brother but I don't have a 8800gt instead I put a GeForce 210 in it which worked out well because the 210 is a very very low power low end GPU that consumes more then 12 watts and the machine I put it in had only a 250 watt psu

2 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I got minecraft to run on the same CPU for my brother but I don't have a 8800gt instead I put a GeForce 210 in it which worked out well because the 210 is a very very low power low end GPU that consumes more then 12 watts and the machine I put it in had only a 250 watt psu

lol its because i bought a used 8800gt for $5

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

The oldies but GOODIES !!!!

Yup I use the Dell as a web browsing machine mainly and use my gaming desktop whenever I want to play games since the Dell is in a convinient location next to my living room while the gaming desktop is in my bedroom usually blocked by a pile of jackets and books that are on my chair

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

lol its because i bought a used 8800gt for $5

Lol I got the 210 for $35 brand new from micro center over a year ago

7 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Lol I got the 210 for $35 brand new from micro center over a year ago

wow lol 

My dc7600 is like a little server in its-self , Over 8tb of storage and a 3.2 , although /single core ?/ Amazing for such OUTDATED PROCESSOR ! and the ram is low as well ! That is how i am able to Fly right under THE RADAR ON nearly everything !!! sometimes ya gotta AGAINST the grain!