Internet Crashes on My Computer When Downloading

Vivilacqua1

Hey, so I've had this problem for awhile, but whenever I download something big (New game,, updates to large programs) My shown download sped slowly goes down to 0kb/s until I disconnect from wifi and re-connect. Any ideas as to what's happening?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

4 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

Hey, so I've had this problem for awhile, but whenever I download something big (New game,, updates to large programs) My shown download sped slowly goes down to 0kb/s until I disconnect from wifi and re-connect. Any ideas as to what's happening?

Can you confirm of the issue happens while on an Ethernet connection as well or not?

3 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Can you confirm of the issue happens while on an Ethernet connection as well or not?

I can't today, but I have tried in the past and I don't rembember it happening.

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

1 minute ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

I can't today, but I have tried in the past and I don't rembember it happening.

Ok, if it happens when you're only on your wireless have you checked to see if you have the most up to date wireless driver? Also have you tried power cycling your router as well? I've seen routers do some weird things with only their wireless broadcast while the wired connections are fine.

I have tried power cycling the  router, no help, so I'm sure it's on my end. I will check the latest drivers for my wireless card.

Is this a steam related issue? My steam really likes updating payday 2...2GB update on a 9MB/s connection...should be easy right? nope, I can download any other update and full game at a constant 8MB/s speed but payday 2...ermmmm...never goes above 1MB/s with it constantly dropping to 0KB/s...so a 4mins ish update becomes almost an hour long...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

I have tried power cycling the  router, no help, so I'm sure it's on my end. I will check the latest drivers for my wireless card.

Do any other wireless devices have the same issue that you can tell?

9 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Do any other wireless devices have the same issue that you can tell?

No, but I just installed the latest drivers for it (I don't think I ever installed drivers for it when I bought it) and when I restarted my computer the wifi dongle wouldn't turn on. No green light like usual, and the wifi symbol at the bottom right of the screen turned into a disconnected ethernet icon. I have tried different ports and restarting multiple times.

What is your wifi card? I have the same problem with my Intel AC 7260 those idiots can't make a driver that works...

3 minutes ago, Principis said:

What is your wifi card? I have the same problem with my Intel AC 7260 those idiots can't make a driver that works...

It's a Belkin N300 usb dongle.

EDIT- It's worked fine for about a year, except the wifi cutting out with downloads.

4 minutes ago, Principis said:

yah

1 minute ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

yah

Here is a link to the latest driver. Try it and see if it works.

Windows 10 is not supported so if you have that there's nothing I can do. (It can work but probably not)

3 minutes ago, Principis said:

Here is a link to the latest driver. Try it and see if it works.

Windows 10 is not supported so if you have that there's nothing I can do. (It can work but probably not)

That's the driver I tried updating it with and it ended up completely stopping it from working. I have tried using the wifi dongle with my laptop (win 10) without the drivers and it worked fine.

Is there any way I can have my computer "forget" about it, and delete all it's stuff about it and start anew? Other than removing the Belkin drivers, I have already tried that.

bump

this has been what is happening to me, i've tried just about everything to try to fix it, probably going to have to refund router and get a new one if all else fails

16 hours ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

That's the driver I tried updating it with and it ended up completely stopping it from working. I have tried using the wifi dongle with my laptop (win 10) without the drivers and it worked fine.

Is there any way I can have my computer "forget" about it, and delete all it's stuff about it and start anew? Other than removing the Belkin drivers, I have already tried that.

You can roll back the drivers :http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/restore-driver-previous-version#1TC=windows-7